1st time cruiser with some questions???

FutureMrsS

Hello everyone!! I have to say this is a wonderful board & I am learning so much about cruising before we even go..We are thinking about going on the Carnival Triumph out of Miami in December going to cozumel, grand cayman and then ocho rios. We will be traveling with our 3 little children(ages 8, 4 & 3).. This is going to be a familymoon for us as we are going to get married in ocho rios..I have been doing alot of reading on the different ships-Is the triumph not as good as the glory or valor?? What would be best cabin for all of us?? I know I have more questions and I am sure I will ask..Any advice will be greatly appreciated :) thanks again!!

Hello everyone!! I have to say this is a wonderful board & I am learning so much about cruising before we even go..We are thinking about going on the Carnival Triumph out of Miami in December going to cozumel, grand cayman and then ocho rios. We will be traveling with our 3 little children(ages 8, 4 & 3).. This is going to be a familymoon for us as we are going to get married in ocho rios..I have been doing alot of reading on the different ships-Is the triumph not as good as the glory or valor?? What would be best cabin for all of us?? I know I have more questions and I am sure I will ask..Any advice will be greatly appreciated :) thanks again!!

Congrats FutureMrsS.

Ship Choice is just that - choice. The Glory and Valor are bigger and have slightly bigger facilities and more activities. But some people don't like the bigger ships. Availability of certain types of cabins can be a factor too. But overall I think you would find the experiences to be very similar... repeat cruisers may be choosier. Follow that advice and ask specific questions in the Carnival board and also in the ports of call boards when you are looking at a specific itinerary.

You need to call the cruise lines or a good Travel agent about your family size - most cabins hold 2-4 and so accomodating 5 is tricky. Good luck!

Archived