The good, the bad, and the ugly :(

Anyone else get frustrated by the way weightloss makes your bustline look?

About 10 lbs ago they were full and gave me some great cleavage. (:DY:D)

Now I can only get cleavage if I wear the perfect bra, and if I don't wear a bra.. (:mad:Y:mad: ) They've lost a lot of their fullness.

I'm so afraid that if I lose the last 10 lbs I'm working on, they will shrivel away to nothing. They're already on the verge of looking like half-full waterballoons... don't want them to totally deflate!:eek:

Anyone else get frustrated by the way weightloss makes your bustline look?

About 10 lbs ago they were full and gave me some great cleavage. (:DY:D)

Now I can only get cleavage if I wear the perfect bra, and if I don't wear a bra.. (:mad:Y:mad: ) They've lost a lot of their fullness.

I'm so afraid that if I lose the last 10 lbs I'm working on, they will shrivel away to nothing. They're already on the verge of looking like half-full waterballoons... don't want them to totally defla

LOL, my grandmother used to say,"just throw them over your shoulder and keep on going", LOL !!!!!!!!!! Now I know what she meant,!!!!:eek:

sorry, i think i messed this up somehow

Well, they ARE mostly fatty tissue, so of course you'll lose some fat there. :( Mine are AWFUL. I was somewhere around a 44 D/DD when I started losing weight. (Wasn't wearing the right sizes at the time, so I'm not exactly sure what my "real" size was - maybe even bigger!!) Now I'm more like a 38C, depending on the style/brand. But I'd rather be slimmer & healthier (& saggier :eek: ) than worry that my bust is not what it "used to be"! My BF of 15+ yrs doesn't seem to mind (in fact, he's pretty impressed at how much the other end has firmed up, instead! :o )

You can do chest exercises (with weights) that can firm up the muscle behind your breasts, which will help some. But you'll probably need to be "resigned" :( to wearing a bra that FITS PROPERLY in order to get the look you want.

Once you've reached your goal weight, take the time to get fitted for at least one "good" bra. Once you know your size & how a bra should fit (you'd be surprised how many women don't wear the right size bra), you'll be able to make a "better decision" when you buy other bras. You may wear a slightly different size in different styles/brands & some you shouldn't wear at all!

Good luck!

Sha

Sha ~ I went to Victoria's Secret and was properly fit (36C) and my "girls" look fantastic when I'm wearing a bra. I really don't sag that much, but do miss a "D" cup. LOL

I just wish I could shop at Victoria Secret... but they don't carry 32AA bras.

(even some 32AA are too big for me) See, you don't have to worry with a 36C.

:)

I wish I was a 32B or 34B but 32AA is not very bad on me since I am 5'2'' and 106lbs but if I ever gain weight, I will look ridiculous, it's why I'm doing South Beach diet, I don't want to let weight cling to me.

Sheila - I sag - BIG time! :eek: But - Oh well! Nothing worth crying over!

And JP - I know you didn't ask my opinion, but I am 5'2" (losing, but still overweight). If I was anywhere near 106 (or 126, or even 146!) I & my doctors would be thrilled! Why you are even thinking of dieting at 106 lbs is beyond me! If you are in any way "flabby" from inactivity, get yourself to a gym & firm up your muscles - but dieting? OMG! Maybe if you firm up your musles & add a couple of lbs, your bust will improve! :D Again - I know you didn't ask my opinion, but I couldn't help myself!

Sha

And JP - I know you didn't ask my opinion, but I am 5'2" (losing, but still overweight). If I was anywhere near 106 (or 126, or even 146!) I & my doctors would be thrilled! Why you are even thinking of dieting at 106 lbs is beyond me! If you are in any way "flabby" from inactivity, get yourself to a gym & firm up your muscles - but dieting? OMG! Maybe if you firm up your musles & add a couple of lbs, your bust will improve! :D Again - I know you didn't ask my opinion, but I couldn't help myself!

Sha

Great advice, Sha!! JP is skinny in my book. LOL

JP ~ I bet you look amazing! You don't need to even worry about a VS bra with your size. It must be nice! ;) I've always wanted to have a nice, petite body like yours.

Sha

Hi Sharonella,

I'm not on South Beach Diet to lose weight but more for a healthy way of eating (used to eat lots of Mc Donalds and couldn't stop and South Beach diet helped me cut the cravings, it gives me good healthy recipes too). I used to workout quite a bit (3-5 times a week) and was weighing more (115lbs) but I felt good and it is what is important for me. Right now, I need to go back to the gym to tone up and I think I will gain weight instead of losing weight but it's ok with me.

I re-read my post and I understand that you may have thought I was dieting for bad reasons but I'm not, I just want to be healthy life-long and trully, with the way-too-small breasts I have, I would not look good at all if I gain fat.

My post was more about bras size, a 36D, 38C or anything in this range must be great and Weirdeyes shouldn't worry about it, I'm sure she looks great if she lost some weight, even if this means smaller (still big in my book) boobs.

For the first time of my life I did fit in a 32A bra (ok, it's a tad too big but it fits). It's the first time that I buy a bra with padding, I never wanted to wear that since I thought it was ''false advertising'' :D but since I now have a boyfriend who knows what I look like naked and that other men won't see me naked, I thought the bra is OK now and with it I can wear clothes that didn't fit well with a regular bra (dresses are especially hard to find for small breasted girls like me, especially since my thigh are not skinny).

Hi JP! Thanks for explaining! I do know about the flat chested / heavy thigh look first hand. I was there! As a junior HS I was a 34A, wide hips & thighs & weighed about 118. Not fat really (I know that now! :rolleyes: ) but "flabby" & a bit pear-shaped from being a bookworm & couch potato. I crash dieted & lost about 10 lbs for the prom. By the next spring, I weighed about 132! :eek: Welcome to my world of yo-yo dieting! Every time I'd lose 10, I'd gain 15 & so on - last time I lost over 50 & went right back up 2 yrs later!

Fast forward to age 46 (almost 2 yrs ago, when I was over 200lbs & cholesterol at 279) when I got serious about my bad eating habits & working out. I've lost almost 60lbs & now I get all upset over anyone I think is doing what I did 30 yrs ago - thinking that a little flab = fat & needing to "diet", instead of just getting more active! Now I'm doing it right - eating healthy foods (still a little too much sometimes, tho) & exercising all the time. I feel like I'm the healthiest I've ever been & that I'm on the right track to finally stay this way! I still have the heavy thighs & the chest is pretty bad now (from all the gaining & losing), but overall - I'm pretty happy.

Good luck!

Sha

I feel like I'm the healthiest I've ever been & that I'm on the right track to finally stay this way!

That's great, continue your good work and if you don't feel like your dieting but more like you're doing yourself the gift of health and energy, you will succeed!

I have the opposite problem the more I lose the bigger they get! I've knicknamed them the boobs that ate miami. Part of i think is the birth control i was on but man the more i loose the more the grow. I would Kill to be a AA i dont think i was ever that small. I was a D by the 7th grade and i'm an E/F depending on the Bra now. At 5'5 and roughly 170 i'm convinced most of my weight is my boobs! Eventually I'd like to get them reduced but as i'm only 21 and i'm still on my mom's insurance i need her permission.

A couple of quick stories.....

I was in Lane Bryant once and a larger gal was shopping with a teeny-tiny friend. The teeny-tiny friend looked at the pretty (and large-cup) bras and said "I wish I could wear that". The rest of us just rolled our eyes because it's 100 degrees outside and the teeny-tiny girl was just wearing a tank top. the rest of us could never do that (and not look like trailer trash!)

AND

My neighbor is built similar to me, big on top, nothing on the bottom but she's in her 60s. I finally just asked her what kind of bra she was wearing because her girls are just still so perky and even though I'm in my early 30s and have never had kids, mine are already droopy. She said, honey, the silicone weighs a lot less. so there ya go. I just thought that was funny.

Anyway, while I admit it's nice to have something to prop up once in a while to detract form my "problem" areas, they are hot, and heavy and they hurt your back. Plus clothes fit nicer without the gap. go ahead and get a padded bra, or a miracle bra, or even those chicken cutlets if that's what makes you feel good, but you'll look younger, longer without having to carry around an extra 10 pounds (or more) on your chest!

Lady V ~ Have you thought about a reduction? Everyone I know that has had one, loves it!

I, on the other hand, hope that after I have my tummy tuck in Sept. that my girls will look bigger because now, my tummy sticks out just as far! LOL

I have the opposite problem the more I lose the bigger they get! I've knicknamed them the boobs that ate miami. Part of i think is the birth control i was on but man the more i loose the more the grow. I would Kill to be a AA i dont think i was ever that small. I was a D by the 7th grade and i'm an E/F depending on the Bra now. At 5'5 and roughly 170 i'm convinced most of my weight is my boobs! Eventually I'd like to get them reduced but as i'm only 21 and i'm still on my mom's insurance i need her permission.

I don't see how your mom could disapprove - now young people who want to get implants, that's another story!

But if think you are seriously still "growing", I would wait a year passed without any "growth", then look into getting a reduction. My BF's sister finally got it done at age 45 & she can't believe she waited that long.

FYI - I never had any chest to speak of until I started gaining "serious" weight in my 20's, but I also grew 2" in height between the ages of 17 and 22. (I was also a late bloomer - didn't start my (.) until I was 15 1/2.)

If you go from a E/F to a B/C, you could seriously "lose" up to 10lbs! :eek:

Good luck with whatever you do!

Sha

You guys are full of soo much encouragement. In high school I was a 34B and now I am a 34A - something went seriously wrong. Now I am trying to get those last ten pounds off (that had been off 6 months ago) and am terrified that anything else will come out of my breasts. I understand completely what some are saying about wearing padded bras to make certain clothes look right. However, I am totally frustrated by VS right now. I was in there to get a strapless bra that I love and actually fits and they discontinued it. The new strapless bras dont fit me at all and actually leave gaps between the bra and my breasts! It was awful. But I also understand the flip side (my best friend is a DD) and I know she is thinking of getting a breast reduction to help alleviate her back problems. So I guess no matter what our size, we are never happy. Maybe the moral of the whole story is that we should start to appreciate our bodies no matter what they look like!

You guys are full of soo much encouragement. In high school I was a 34B and now I am a 34A - something went seriously wrong. Now I am trying to get those last ten pounds off (that had been off 6 months ago) and am terrified that anything else will come out of my breasts. I understand completely what some are saying about wearing padded bras to make certain clothes look right. However, I am totally frustrated by VS right now. I was in there to get a strapless bra that I love and actually fits and they discontinued it. The new strapless bras dont fit me at all and actually leave gaps between the bra and my breasts! It was awful. But I also understand the flip side (my best friend is a DD) and I know she is thinking of getting a breast reduction to help alleviate her back problems. So I guess no matter what our size, we are never happy. Maybe the moral of the whole story is that we should start to appreciate our bodies no matter what they look like!

Dancer - are you SURE you still need to lose those final 10lbs? Don't worry as much about the scale - Have your body fat checked. Have your measurements taken. Do more weight training - including upper body. If you can afford it - work out a few sessions with a trainer & have her help you work on "sculpting" your body a bit.

Good luck!

Sha

Thanks for your concern Sharonella....I actually do - I can feel the difference in my body including my energy level and toning of the muscles. I know that I need to increase my abdominal, thigh, and gluteal region toning. In the last few months, I have stopped watching what I put in my mouth and the buffalo wings, queso dip, and desserts have all been delicious! So now I need to just take a step back and start eating the yummies in moderation instead of daily. I have a scale that does body fat measurements and it has increased significantly recently (hence the need to increase workouts). I also need to go back to drinking all of my water - my water percentage has also dropped. I wish I could afford a trainer, but I cant. All of my extra money actually goes into taking a variety of dance classes. I also dont belong to a gym (there is one in my apt. building so at least I cant say it takes me 20 mins to get there), so that also makes a personal trainer fairly difficult. Thank-you though for all of your concerns. If you or anyone else has any advice, I would love it!

Thanks for your concern Sharonella....I actually do - I can feel the difference in my body including my energy level and toning of the muscles. I know that I need to increase my abdominal, thigh, and gluteal region toning. In the last few months, I have stopped watching what I put in my mouth and the buffalo wings, queso dip, and desserts have all been delicious! So now I need to just take a step back and start eating the yummies in moderation instead of daily. I have a scale that does body fat measurements and it has increased significantly recently (hence the need to increase workouts). I also need to go back to drinking all of my water - my water percentage has also dropped. I wish I could afford a trainer, but I cant. All of my extra money actually goes into taking a variety of dance classes. I also dont belong to a gym (there is one in my apt. building so at least I cant say it takes me 20 mins to get there), so that also makes a personal trainer fairly difficult. Thank-you though for all of your concerns. If you or anyone else has any advice, I would love it!

You know - If I ever get a scale, I'm going to get one with the body fat measurement - do you really like it? And do you think it's very accurate? I currently weigh myself on the Dr's scale at my chiropractor's office. FYI - water % can also affect BF % measurements.

Dance classes are a great workout! I recently took 7 weeks of ballroom & have done some dancing in community theatre productions (but no "real" formal classes). I'm starting an adult tap class in the fall with a friend & I'm kinda nervous AND excited at the same time! They actually do a big recital at the end of the year!

Sha

I am honestly not sure how accurate the body fat % is. I know the weight itself is very accurate as I was always the same or within 0.2 when I would weigh myself at WW. What I do know about the body fat % is that as I lose weight it does drop and my water weight % does go up. Right now I am at around 30% for body fat and I would prefer to be around 25-26% (much healthier). When I am at the 10 pounds lighter point, that is where my body fat % is. Also, I do tend to notice a difference in my weight (often up) when my water % is higher than normally.

In regards to dance....I love it! I have been dancing for about 17 years. So in addition to my own self critique, I get the lovely comparisons to other dancers and I know that I have lost parts to other people based upon weight. I currently take ballet which isnt as much of a workout but better for stretching and toning. I love jazz, which is a great workout but costs a lot more per class, unfortunately. Enjoy your tap class - soooo much fun! Also a great workout. Dont give up if it gets hard....one day it will just click and you will be fantastic!

.... However, I am totally frustrated by VS right now. I was in there to get a strapless bra that I love and actually fits and they discontinued it. ....

Forgot to mention before - Have you tried their catalog? There are lots of styles & sizes in their catalog that aren't in their stores.....

I've actually done "some" tap before - our community theatre director has had "Tap seminars" - 8 weeks of 2hr classes where he would teach us the basics, then go right into teaching us a full routine for our next production. (It was helpful that we all weren't beginners - there were always enough "real tappers" for us "beginners" to "follow".

I tapped (in the back row!) for shows like 42nd St, Anything Goes & George M (in the big "chorus" tap numbers of 20 people or so)! Then, when we did musical revues, we sometimes "redid" a previous tap routine, if it was appropriate - Like Grand Old Flag from George M for our Patriotic revue. For our Cole Porter revue in the spring, we redid the Anything Goes number, complete with sailor hats. It was very stressful for me, since there were only 9 of us in the number, & I was definitely the "least experienced" tapper - I like it better when I can "hide" in a crowd! :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to taking "real" tap lessons, from Sept to June, not just go from "flaps & shuffles to a full routine in 8 easy weeks"!

Oh - I almost forgot - I'm taking a "tap seminar" tomorrow night - North Shore Music Theatre is holding a dance class to show people how to dance like they do in Singing in the Rain. My friend told me about it, so I don't know all the details. All I know is I have to bring my tap shoes & they said it's open to everyone from beginners to experienced. (North Shore hosts professional touring companies of Broadway Shows, as well as concerts like Abba.) I think Cast members from Singing in the Rain are teaching the class. At the very least, it'll be good exercise! :D

Sha

when i had a trainer, he said that doing butterflies with weights was the way to go. id try that.

do they stay firmer if you sleep with a bra on all the time? cuz i dont as much anymore and thought that was it, not weight loss...

when i had a trainer, he said that doing butterflies with weights was the way to go. id try that.

do they stay firmer if you sleep with a bra on all the time? cuz i dont as much anymore and thought that was it, not weight loss...

They will stay firmer if you sleep on your back. I slept on my tummy for years (big chest & all) & now I'm REALLY paying for it after my weight loss! Your breasts are made up of skin, fat & connective tissue, with muscle underneath. Sleeping on your stomach, gaining & losing weight, and doing activities that cause your chest to bounce, will affect (badly) the elasticity in your skin & connective tissue. Losing weight will affect the amount of fat in your chest - but just losing fat may not cause your chest to SAG, unless the connective tissue & your skin have lost elasticity. Building up the muscle a bit behind your breasts, can increase their size a bit.

If you are larger than a B-cup & don't wear a bra during the day - especially exercising - gravity will eventually "catch up" with you, even if you don't lose weight, or have babies, or sleep on them. I don't know that wearing a bra to bed would help & in fact, it could probably be pretty uncomfortable.

Sha

Archived