Tipping at specialty restaurants

Plz remember the $20 is not a tip! We always hand the servers the cash to be sure they personally receive it. This goes for food, beverage or rm. stewards. When you have someone who makes your trip better, they deserve it!

I'm paying the extra $20 for the better food AND the better service. I see no reason to tip any more than I already paid. If others choose to tip their server any additional money that's their decision. But you're certainly not expected to.

Karyn8: As you said in your #7 post, the tip is included in the $20, but only a small part of that is for the tip, not the whole $20. I totally agree Kewlguy, tipping is a matter of personal choice. Certainly not trying to argue that point, just trying to clarify what seemed to be muddy waters here.

Plz remember the $20 is not a tip! We always hand the servers the cash to be sure they personally receive it. This goes for food, beverage or rm. stewards. When you have someone who makes your trip better, they deserve it!

If you read the Royal Caribbean website, or the cruise compass, it says $20 TIP INCLUDED. I would still tip a little extra for good service and good food, but it is not necessary. The tip is included in the $20.

Last November on VOS we went to Portofino. We loved the food and the service was great:) So we gave the waiter a $15 tip. On room servive we tip anywhere from $3-5 each time.

Voyager Western Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT"

Voyager Eastern Caribbean 11/26/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

Don't you think $3 - $5 is a bit much since the room steward who is looking after us all day doesn't get that much?

IMHO $2 is the most I tip for room service.

Fresh from the RCCL web site for Chops:

Dress Suggestion

We suggest smart casual attire in Chops Grille - jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women. On formal evenings onboard, formal attire is also appropriate in the restaurant; which includes suits and ties or tuxedos for men and cocktail dresses for women.

and, the charge "applies per guest, including gratuities", so not all of it is the tip, as posted before. If you think that a portion of $20 pp is not enough, then add more to your SeaPass or pay it in cash. If added to your SeaPass as a gratuity on the bill, then the money does go to the wait staff in the restaurant. If you want to make sure your server gets the tip, then hand it to him personally in cash. However, they may pool all the tips. I don't know for sure.

Archived