End-of-cruise overnight in port, next day disembark what time?

sjbdtz

As an advocate for descriptive thread titling (along with GaryCarla), I drew a blank on how best to title this thead...:o

My question is this: we arrive in Istanbul at 12;30 on day 1, and are in port overnight (meaning we can eat & sleep on the ship without requiring hotel for that night).

The next day is the end of the cruise, and we are expected to disembark. In our case, we have a hotel reserved for that night, and would like to drop our luggage & start our exploration of Istanbul.

Has anybody dealt with an overnight port stay on the last day of the cruise? What time can you disembark? I'm not sure if we should keep our own luggage & do express, or what.

We're in an AC penthouse, if that matters.

Thanks all.

Stephen

This can't be the first time they've finished a cruise with an overnight in port....doesn't anyone know? :(

....or (putting on paranoid cap), am I being ignored.... :confused: :D

Thanks dwrist....now I'm convinced everyone else has me on ignore :(

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time NCL has ended a cruise with an overnight.... someone out there must know an answer to this perplexing question.

What time can we disembark, on day 2 of the overnight (considering we have to be able to get our luggage).

I understand we could stay out all night if we want, so does that by extension mean that we can leave for good, as early as we want on Day 2?

Thanks to anyone still reading.

Stephen

You can probably leave after breakfast. But I have no idea when Customs in Turkey open. Since you're disembarking, you'll have to go through Customs.

Sometimes questions aren't answered because we don't have the answers.

It's not like NCL has been disembarking passengers in Turkey much lately.

You can probably leave after breakfast. But I have no idea when Customs in Turkey open. Since you're disembarking, you'll have to go through Customs.

Sometimes questions aren't answered because we don't have the answers.

It's not like NCL has been disembarking passengers in Turkey much lately.

Thanks electricron....I hadn't considered that we'd of course need our entry visas into Turkey....but then again, we'd have gotten those the day before and they're good for 3 months.... hmmmm.

You're right...I guess I was hoping for more conceptual answers, as opposed to Turkey, specifically.

Cheers,

Stephen

Stephen,

I don`t think that there is going to be a pat answer to your question right now due to what is happening in the world:( Conditions are going to be changing day to day.

Turkey is going to set the rules any way it wants to at that given time. So go with the flow:)

You are going to love Istanbul. It is a very exiting city. Are you going to Ephesus (sp?) on this trip? If you are make sure that you go on the tour. It blew my mind and is one of the high lites of my travels.

Enjoy your cruise.

Stephen,

I don`t think that there is going to be a pat answer to your question right now due to what is happening in the world:( Conditions are going to be changing day to day.

Turkey is going to set the rules any way it wants to at that given time. So go with the flow:)

You are going to love Istanbul. It is a very exiting city. Are you going to Ephesus (sp?) on this trip? If you are make sure that you go on the tour. It blew my mind and is one of the high lites of my travels.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks Ann, I appreciate that. BTW, is the writer of the quote in your signature related to ROBERT louis stevenson? ;)

Stephen

Thanks Ann, I appreciate that. BTW, is the writer of the quote in your signature related to ROBERT louis stevenson? ;)

Stephen

Actually, when I found that quote I questioned it and that was his brother.......he was always away:D

Archived