Hotel in Copenhagen 2007

Gaylelynn,

If you book BEFORE October 1st you can get Webers Scandic for only 10,000 Hilton Honor points per night (Category 1). It is currently going through a complete renovation (the hotel has been closed for this major renovation and is reopening in a few days, July 15). After Oct. 1st it will be reclassified to a Category 3. 10,000 points per night is a GREAT deal (especially considering that you can apply for a AmEx HH credit card, use it once and get 10,000 points so you end up with a free night's stay) The location couldn't be better, only 100 meters from Tivoli. It has some negative reviews on tripadvisor but these were all before the renovation. This is the website.

http://www.scandic-hotels.com/webers

• 4 weeks later...

It only takes a second to sign up on line to become a HHonor's member. http://www.hhonors.com

Not sure what you mean what is a AmEx HH card? It's a credit card, issued by AmEx that gives Hilton Honor's points for hotel stays or normal day to day purchases. You may be running out of time to get in on the great 10,000 point deal because you'd have to first get the card, then use it, then pay the bill, then wait for the points to post, then get the HH certificate by 10/1/06. You'd have to act quick but can probably do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got the card, made the charge, paid the bill, got the points!

I tried to redeem online and was told couldn't find anything for Copenhagen.

OK!

Now, do I call the Hilton direct to book, or how do I go about redeeming my points? Sorry to be so obtuse, but this is all new to me. Thank you.

This is the message I got when trying to book Scandic:

For Scandic Hotels- we are currently unable to book your reward reservations online. Please call Copenhagen +45 33 48 04 00, Helsinki +358 800 069 69, Oslo +47 23 15 50 00, or Stockholm +46 8 517 517 00.

Is there any other way, short of calling Denmark?

Archived