Red Hook Arrival Of QM2, What Time To Ask The Limo Service To Arrive At The Port?

CCotton5

A question for previous QM2 passengers who booked a limo/car service. Since the QM2 arrives at 6 a.m. and then has to go through customs, what time should you ask the limo/car service to pick you up from the terminal. We have a 2 p.m. flight from LaGuardia.

Thanks.

Hey Christy,

I've been wondering the same thing. We arrive back to NY on August 17th and are having a limo meet us. I'll be able to tell you what happened once we get off the ship. I don't think we will be doing self-disembarkation.

If you could bring this post up again after we get back, I can give you specifics. You leave Southampton on the 27th, correct?

I'll be more than pleased to answer any questions you may have.

We haven't received our final papers yet but I expect they will arrive next week.

Can you believe it's almost here! Sooner for me than you but very soon.

Best regards and have a great weekend.

Sue

The ship gets in at 6:30 am by 8 people start getting off. The best thing to do is to have a cell phone to call them when its time for you to get off. If you tell them to meet you around 9 you won't be far off...LGA is 1/2 hour without traffic and about an hour with its really only 11 miles....

I agree on using your cell phone. We self disembarked and called the limo to meet us under the canopy to the left of the terminal. It all worked out beautifully. Most passengers were off by 9 A.M.

Enjoy' date='

B.[/quote']

Does the most passengers include those who are being transferred by Cunard - we are having a couple of days in NYC before flight back to the UK and wondered what time we might expect to get to our hotel, which is near Times Square.

A question for previous QM2 passengers who booked a limo/car service. Since the QM2 arrives at 6 a.m. and then has to go through customs, what time should you ask the limo/car service to pick you up from the terminal. We have a 2 p.m. flight from LaGuardia.

Thanks.

Dear CCotton5,

I just got off on 7/8 and the disembarkation from Brooklyn for the first time was strange after many years of getting off in Manhattan. We never experienced such a great system that worked pretty fast.

We were on 11 Deck and sent to the assigned Winter Garden lounge. All passengers were requested out of their cabins by 8:30AM and into their public areas. We got to the Winter Garden and directly sent to the pier at 8:20AM. After leaving the ship, long walk to the terminal, got luggage with plenty of help with hand trucks to handle them, directly to customs and out to the door. In total we were out on the sidewalk by 8:40-45AM.

We called our car by cellphone from the luggage area prior to customs. Plenty of desks for customs to clear you if you are totally clean without questions.

Yes, the left outside of the terminal under the white tented walkway is where car service/limo's come. Be warned that area can become very congested and you will also have to lookout for your car. Also sometimes to avoid too much congestion, they will hold cars and taxis inside the front gate area till directed to proceed to the front of the terminal. You should keep in touch with your car service dispatcher by phone to get latest updates or direct them in.

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Which is easier...............a private car or a cab to the airport. My 87 y/o father will be on the Oct 12 Canada/New England cruise. I'm making all the arrangements and hope for a smooth trip for he and his new wife. Haven't made air reservations yet so not sure if LGA or JFK. He was going to use cruiseline air but price is $$$ and the flight would be a red eye from California. I think they should go in day prior. Any suggestions for hotels?

Also private car companies?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

If you are coming from CA, there are very few non-stops to LGA from the coast. More than likely it will be Kennedy and a red eye to boot. From the airport a cab is fine. From the Cruiseterminal a car service is better.

Car Service from the Red Hook Terminal.

Promenade Car Service - 718-858-6666

Call before your Dad leaves California to make the reservation. Tell them your Dad and his new wife's specific needs. ie easy to get in and out of and how much luggage they will have. This car service is located close to the Red Hook terminal. When the ship docks, your Dad can call and the car should be there in minutes.

Hope this helps and the lovely couple have a wonderful trip.

Smiles,

Maria:)

Also, depending on your nationality, you may have to add a bit more time. Americans got streamlined right through, but everyone else had to wait in a fairly long long (we self-disembarked). We are Canadian, so did not have to be fingerprinted, but anyone from any other country had to go through a bit more at customs.

Thanks for all of your great information. I called Carmel Car and Limo Service. They explained everything in detail and were very helpful. For a "full six 4 door sedan," it is $43.00 to LaGuardia and for a Lincoln Town car or Cadillac, it is $50.00. These prices are without gratuity tips. I explained to the car service that we have three bags and two carryons with two passengers. I went to their website and there is a $3.00 coupon for "any trip to the airport."

Their 800 number is 1-800-9-carmel, so that would be 1-800-922-7635.

(Tabascored), Sue hope this information helps you.

Another question for the "any seasoned traveler on the QM2." When you disembark at Red Hook in Brooklyn, do they let you leave the ship according to the deck that your cabin was located or is it still by flight time or limo/car service pick up time?

Thanks!!!!

If you are coming from CA, there are very few non-stops to LGA from the coast. More than likely it will be Kennedy and a red eye to boot. From the airport a cab is fine. From the Cruiseterminal a car service is better.

I doubt you will find any non-stop from CA to LGA. From LAX or SFO there are many non-stops to JFK and they are NOT all red-eyes. You only get a red-eye if you choose the evening flights Eastbound.

I doubt you will find any non-stop from CA to LGA. From LAX or SFO there are many non-stops to JFK and they are NOT all red-eyes. You only get a red-eye if you choose the evening flights Eastbound.
Delta has some- very few- non stops to LGA from some CA airports. Mostly from LAX I think. Even though they do have morning flights out of CA most of them leave relatively early and get you in NY after dinner. I don't think its much better getting in a day before getting up early to get to the airport, getting in fairly late and just sleeping and then having to get to the ship. For me its easier to take the Red eye at 10 pm sleep on the plane get off in the early am and head for the pier...and get on the ship by 11 or so and shower and then relax but that is me. Getting to the hotel getting settled just to leave again the next morning doesn't help me. But hey its your trip do it as you wish....The cruise line flights will almost all be red eyes

Archived