European Cruise Port Reviews- pretty long

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry, I thought I posted this before.

The name is Ristorante de Raffaele

S. Marco, 2347 - Ponte delle Ostreghe - 30124 Venezia

According to the card they are closed on Tuesday.

The food was wonderful and we were literally seated on the edge of a canal. We were serenaded while we ate and then walked to a few yards past the entrance to the restaurant and got into a gondola.

There was a website on the card but it looks to be only in Italian

www.paginegialle.it/daraffaele

From the photo on the website you can see how close the outside dining tables are to the canal. There were also tables inside, but why would you want to miss the ambiance?

I'm so sorry, I thought I posted this before.

The name is Ristorante de Raffaele

S. Marco, 2347 - Ponte delle Ostreghe - 30124 Venezia

According to the card they are closed on Tuesday.

The food was wonderful and we were literally seated on the edge of a canal. We were serenaded while we ate and then walked to a few yards past the entrance to the restaurant and got into a gondola.

There was a website on the card but it looks to be only in Italian

www.paginegialle.it/daraffaele

From the photo on the website you can see how close the outside dining tables are to the canal. There were also tables inside, but why would you want to miss the ambiance?

We have a friend who has eaten at Da Raffaele several times and highly recommends it. We'll be in Venice in November and plan to try it.

Try this website: www.ristorantedaraffaele.com/index-eng.htm

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this review. You answered a question I had about the Papal Audience. If you could do it over, would you spend 3 hours with the Pope, again? I believe the audience is held inside of an auditorium during the winter(Nov?).

Thank you for this review. You answered a question I had about the Papal Audience. If you could do it over, would you spend 3 hours with the Pope, again? I believe the audience is held inside of an auditorium during the winter(Nov?).

Good question. I'm not catholic but DH is - he was an alter boy, aunt is a nun, catholic school growing up, etc. I really wanted to make it happen for him because I knew he'd appreciate it. I'd have to say it was certainly worth it for a one time experience, but I wouldn't do it on a future trip. He is the Pope after all, which is sort of like seeing the president or queen or other leader. Having said that, I would have been happy if it had only lasted an hour.

You have to look at how much time you have, what you might have to give up to be there, and most important what it will mean to you to see the Pope. Only you can answer those questions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Let us know what you thought of the Hotel Mozart !

Thanks

We were very pleased with our choice. It is right around the corner from the Spanish steps, close to the main shopping "street" and we walked all over including to the Trevi fountain. Main room is small (most in Europe are) but big enough we didnt feel crowded even with 4 large pieces of luggage. Had a med. size entry area with table, chair and armoire (to be used as closet and safe inside) then hall into main bed area..... bath was really nice with marble everywhere, toilet, bidet, jacuzzi shower, towel warmer..... Also had a nice "living room" with fireplace and breakfast buffet was included and very nice. Great coffee ! We would stay here again !

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the review. This is the same Itinerary I will be on. How was the ship? I will be on the Splendor in Sept. doing this Western Med trip.

Were you exhausted? This seems like a tough trip. I can't wait though.