Grapefruit Juice

I have packed on about 10 extra pounds and it is 100 days til our cruise.

SO....I have taken to my tired and true Grapefruit Juice Diet. I am trying to drink a quart of unsweetened, white grapefruit juice a day. It worked for me before (I lost 10 lbs and kept it off for a good 3 years before I became an awesome couch potato!!)

Anyone else have results with grapefruit juice? It burns fat and is a great supplement to a healthy diet.

I have packed on about 10 extra pounds and it is 100 days til our cruise.

SO....I have taken to my tired and true Grapefruit Juice Diet. I am trying to drink a quart of unsweetened, white grapefruit juice a day. It worked for me before (I lost 10 lbs and kept it off for a good 3 years before I became an awesome couch potato!!)

Anyone else have results with grapefruit juice? It burns fat and is a great supplement to a healthy diet.

The only thing I know is that some medications, and grapefruit juice do not mix well. Might give this some consideration if meds are involved.

DH found out the hard way!:eek: No long term damage, but he did have a liver/kidney issue from the acid of the juice and the med mixture.

He wasn't dieting, just liked the stuff, and went overboard with the quantity.

Good for you for keeping the weight off for 3 years - that is wonderful.

Walking is a wonderful way to help control weight too. I find that a short brisk walk first thing in the morning keeps the metabolism at a good level through most of the day.

Good luck this time 'round

I am one of the lucky ones in that my stomach can handle the acidity. I am not on any medications, but you are so wise for mentioning that, so other people can know! Thanks so much!

The only thing I know is that some medications, and grapefruit juice do not mix well. Might give this some consideration if meds are involved.

DH found out the hard way!:eek: No long term damage, but he did have a liver/kidney issue from the acid of the juice and the med mixture.

He wasn't dieting, just liked the stuff, and went overboard with the quantity.

Good for you for keeping the weight off for 3 years - that is wonderful.

Walking is a wonderful way to help control weight too. I find that a short brisk walk first thing in the morning keeps the metabolism at a good level through most of the day.

Good luck this time 'round

You know, maybe I just AM using it as an appetite suppresant. I guess I never thought of it that way.

I am not really doing anything else. I need to, but I have'nt yet.

I need to stop eating white bread and cut down on the beer!!!

I need to get motivated, off my butt and lose this weight!!!!

You know, maybe I just AM using it as an appetite suppresant. I guess I never thought of it that way.

I am not really doing anything else. I need to, but I have'nt yet.

I need to stop eating white bread and cut down on the beer!!!

I need to get motivated, off my butt and lose this weight!!!!

LOL:D If only it were that easy, wouldn't we all be in great shape?

Archived