Princess excursion to St. John

karen of PA

We booked the St. John island tour to St. John with the cruiseline. We will be visiting four beaches and then returning to Cruz Bay for shopping. I was wondering if anyone ever took this tour. Would it be possible to stay at Trunk Bay and find our own way back to the ship instead of traveling on with the group to go shopping? We would like to spend some additional time on the beach. Do you know if Trunk Bay is the last beach they visit?

Thanks so much for your help.

Karen

Last time we visited St Tom, the tours to St John were many and varied.

We took one thru Princess but on a zodiac inflatable speed boat - the tour was actually done by Captain Nautica. We chose this particular tour because we wanted to waste as little time as possible in travel to and from St John and the most possible time actually in the water. We figured with a speed boat rather than a sailboat or ferry, that would be the case. And indeed it was. They took us to three different areas to snorkel, but only one beach - Honeymoon Beach, I think it is close to or part of Trunk Bay.

We didn't look into the option of staying behind and getting ourselves back to the ship, so I can't tell you what the policy was. The best thing to do is check with the excursion desk when you board. If the answer is unsatisfactory, you can cancel any booked tour 24 hours in advance without being charged. You could always opt to take a taxi to the ferry and go on your own to St John. There have been numerous posts explaining how to do this.

Good Luck and Happy Travels!

We booked the St. John island tour to St. John with the cruiseline. We will be visiting four beaches and then returning to Cruz Bay for shopping. I was wondering if anyone ever took this tour. Would it be possible to stay at Trunk Bay and find our own way back to the ship instead of traveling on with the group to go shopping? We would like to spend some additional time on the beach. Do you know if Trunk Bay is the last beach they visit?

Thanks so much for your help.

Karen

A couple of years ago we took this tour and did not stop at Trunk Bay....they took us to a hill to overlook the bay. The problem with trying to stop and stay....you have to find your own way back to the Port @ St. John........and then probably find your own way back to St. Thomas.

We took the snorkel trip the next time we visited to Trunk Bay......and I would recommend you consider the excursion....you do see a couple of bays getting there and back.

Archived