Cruise Card colors

Therapst

Does Cunard issue different color cruise cards (Sign-and-Sail cards) to passengers depending upon either:

(1) World Club member status, or

(2) (referring to the QM2), whether one's dining room assignment is the Queens Grill, Princess Grill, or Britannia Restaurant?

Just curious. Thanks for any information you can provide! :)

Hi Randy and Mary,

The only cards we received on the January Panama Canal cruise were the picture ID door key cards, which we received when checking in on embarkation.

These cards were used for everything on board.

From buying items in the shops, ordering drinks in the various bars, wine at dinner, spa and salon appointments and even bingo. You showed your card and gave your cabin number and your charges are billed to you cabin.

You can check your charges on the TV/computer whenever you wish. Your room steward or stewardess will show you how to access the information.

I did not notice any different colors of these cards. Mine was white and I was in Britania. Perhaps someone in one of the Grill restaurants could tell you if their key cards were a different color.

Hope this helps a little.

Happy Sailing,

Maria

As far as I know, they are all white.

This is unlike some lines where your loyalty program status or your cabin grade is denoted by the color of your card.

So much for Cunard being "snobby" and "class conscious" as some I've met (who have never been on Cunard) allege ;) !

The card I was issued was white, the upper right hand corner had the name of the ship and identify myself as a passenger with a blue background. (Not me with the blue background but the card). I did observe at the G32 bar that another passenger had the same white card but instead of the blue background they had red. As it turned out they were a member of the band

The card I was issued was white, the upper right hand corner had the name of the ship and identify myself as a passenger with a blue background. (Not me with the blue background but the card). I did observe at the G32 bar that another passenger had the same white card but instead of the blue background they had red. As it turned out they were a member of the band

Everyone gets the same white card on QE2 - with a blue band for passengers (even for those on deck 5 who row ;) ) and red band for the crew.

I couldn't see anything on my card to denote my cabin number.

Blue Band = Passenger.

Red Band = Crew

Green Band = Visitor?

On our cruise I saw a few cards with green bands. The people with them looked like TA's being shown around the ship while we were in port.

There is no indication of cabin on the card, as this would be a security risk.

I thought that there might be some indication of class on the card, but could not see anything obvious when comparing a QG card to Britannia. Also there are specific areas that on grill passengers can go. In these areas (Deck 11 / QG Lounge) I never saw anyone challenged as to their entitlement to be there, and I would guess that any passenger could use these areas without problem (unless the purchased something). It all seemed to work on trust, which is very unusual these days.

Archived