Juneau/Ketchikan shop hours?

justice 1st

Does anyone who's cruised recently know about what time the shops (souvenir type) close in Ketchikan and Juneau? Because we don't arrive in either port until 2, we'd like to see museums, etc. that close by 5 first and are hoping we can shop later in the evening. Thanks!

Also, how long does it actually take to get of the ship in port? I read on another board that the photographers hold things up.

Don't worry about the hours. I don;t know of any shops that are closed while a shiip is in port. they want your business You don't have to wait to get your photo taken you can politely refuse and go on. At one of the ports there is the oldest russian orthodox church in north america that I found very intresting

fleel free to e mail me if you have futher questions

Dick

:)

Photographers - we don't buy but one picture a cruise. And yes, they do try to hold up the entire line of people getting off the ship. The biggest problem is at the gangway after you have had your cruise card scanned. People won't move out of the way so that you can bypass them as they wait for the photographers. They stand there on the gangway. We have had to wait a couple of minutes just to be able to get off the ship. When we get to the photographers, we just say "no thanks" and keep walking on by.

Sitka is where the Russian Orthodox Church is located (I think it is Saint Michaels).

Sitka is where the Russian Orthodox Church is located (I think it is Saint Michaels).

There is also one in Juneau. :)

Saint Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church

The oldest original and continuously used religious structure in Southeast Alaska. Its golden dome and beautiful icons welcome summer visitors daily. Visit our gift shop.

P.O. Box 20130

Juneau, AK 99802

(907) 586-1023, Tel

We just got back today! For us, both Juneau and Ketchikan were dock ports, so getting off was a breeze. We didn't try to get off immediately because of the early hour (7 am). We waited until after breakfast and walked right onshore. Even getting back on board late in the day was no problem - we were very impressed with how smoothly it went.

Archived