Royal caribbean europe med. review 7/2/2004

Hi All,

We were on a 12 night Med. cruise in May. Incredible trip. We were on the Brillance of the Seas. Beautiful ship. In Rome we used Bob's Limos & Tours in Rome. Had a great driver named Alberto. If anyone is interested bob@romelimousines.com We are also from So. Calif. Stayed one night in Barcelona before and 1 night after the cruise. Was a nice way to rest up for the long flight and time changes. I'll keep checking back if anyone has any questions.

Take care,

Colleen

• 1 month later...
We are booked with Marcello for October 2005. We will visit Pompeii, Sorrento, Positano, Ravello, and the Amalfi Coast. Marcello doesn't take any groups larger than six. His website is www.seesorrento.com. From his correspondence he sounds like a true Italian and I believe we are in for a long, busy, and fun-filled day.

We used Marcello a few years ago, its good to hear he is still doing is usual incredible tours. It was the best day of our 12 day Med. cruise.

I have a question for all of you mediterranean cruisers. My wife is begging me to take her to Europe, specifically Italy. I would prefer doing a cruise, I am tired of schleping my bags all over Europe like I did in HS and College. So I think a cruise would be a nice blend, she gets to see highlights and I take my hotel with me. My question is that most of the itenaries (actually will probably take a Celebrity Cruise, but RCI won't be any different) seem to be packed full for the 12 days. So would I be missing that much if I got an inside? Or do I really need an outside or Balcony. Are we on the ship close to the coast enough to make it worth my while? I personally don't care about sitting out lounging at sea. I am an action guy, but did enjoy sitting out on the Balcony for my Alaskan cruise and seeing the scenery but found the Carribbean cruises to be a waste of money (my preference). So hopefully someone can answer my question, not from their personal prefernce, but whether or not the ship when it is out to sea is hugging the coast enough to see the scenery.

Michael

I don't think it is hugging the coast through out. we did it mainly for the morning view and to sit out at night. If it is a better bargain as It usually is and you are busy. i can't see that it would make a big difference. ENJOY!!

Archived