dining room attire for teen-age girls

swimgirl

I believe ssome of the controversy regarding jeans in the dining room is due to "jeans" becoming such a generic term. The jeans I wear gardening compared to jeans I would wear out on the town are as far apart as kia to lexus. A nice denim (jean) skirt is not comparable to too baggy jeans hanging off a teenagers backside. Crisp pressed dress jeans are not equall to wash worn bleached out jeans which you've owned so llong you consider them a close friend. However people use the term "my jeans" to identify all these disparate items. Some I woulld consider appropriate others - never. So in a nutshell - Denim is not a crime - Look At yourself in the mirror - Use your own judgment whether those "Jeans" are okay.

I agree with you. Problem is, when I see the term jean, I can't help but think of the young people I see wearing them about halfway down their tush's, with the bottoms dragging on the floor, and bellies hanging out.

Denim clothing is an entirely different thing. On casual night on RCCL, the lady in the denim pantsuit would look prefectly appropriate.

Some of the jean skirts my teen DD has would not be appropriate for the dining room. They are very short and have low waist.

My girls 14 and 11 wore summer dresses each casual night and more formal dresses on Formal night. I had a harder time convincing my 11 yo to wear the dresses, but she did because I said that was acceptable dress code. My 14 yo doesn't mind wearing cute dresses. She wore one that she had previously worn to the 8th grade dance and then a couple other we got cheap but cute at DEB.

Maggie

Archived