What is going on with the boards??!!

bonbon663

I get this all the time; long before the CP incident. It's been doing it between 7am and 9am here in the UK today, so most of the US are in bed and this is the first page I have actually been able to bring up [9.30am BST], and I've tried a fair few! I wait about a minute for the thread list to appear, and then none of the threads 'work' eventually giving me a white page... can be most frustrating.

I just received a new error message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

But I got here..:confused:

I just had a very hard time getting onto this site. When I tried to go directly to Cruisecritic I got a message that about redirecting to the URL had expired and something about cookies being blocked. I tried a Google search and came in a back way, ie. through another thread.

Hope this gets fixed soon. I don't think I can go cold turkey!

55 posts, almost all of them complaints, many from people who complain about people complaining around here...:rolleyes:

How about a few words of praise and thanks for our hosts and moderators, who work so hard to provide this FREE service for us? Yes, some problems of late, and frankly now and then for months going back. But again, it's a FREE web site, and we get so much great info about cruising, ships, ports, and so on.

Did I mention it's FREE? :D

Thanks to everyone at Cruise Critic! Hope the current problems get worked out soon!

Did I mention it's FREE? :D

Thanks to everyone at Cruise Critic! Hope the current problems get worked out soon!

That free adverising banner is causing the problems... my latest error message using MSFT Internet Explorer:

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

Archived