What is going on with the boards??!!

bonbon663

I'm very addicted to CC and when I couldn't get on I thought it was because of my computer. But when I saw the news for the Crown Princess I figured it had to be that reason only. My Local news up here really didn't say anything big but how is your news where you live are they giving more information. I hope all of these traffic will soon end, has CC confirmed when this all should end?

:( Slow here too and it has been slow even before the horrible incident with the Crown Princess. I sometimes give up waiting for a page to open.

Yes, it was happening before the princess incident -- I just gave up.

I've also had trouble for the past couple of days. Being located in Germany, though, makes me 6 hours ahead of NY time and even more ahead of Pacific Time. So, luckily, early morning here is when you're all sleeping and I have the boards - mostly - to myself!!

The upside to insominia is getting access to my daily trolling obsession.:D

I was astounded as well at the number of people who accessed the Crown thread... 98,000 views on one thread another 10,000 on the live thread.. that's one quarter of the view total since the last board rejuvenation:eek:

On-line Rubber neckers.....same as traffic congestion after a highway accident.

I too have been having problems and I was unable to log in. Thought it was a problem due to AOL. I have had assistance from Kimberly on of the CC assistance. She has been very helpful in giving me exact instructions on how to resolve my problem.

She also stated that there were problems due to the Crown Princess. I didn't know anything about this. It is on our news today and also in the papers.

Andy Procter the Captain was our Captain on Golden Princess a few years ago. Very frightening for all.

No doubt things will bet back to normal in time

Sue

:) There's been a big improvement this morning. I guess their solutions are working, just letting registered users on for now.

Well done Cruise Critic!! :) Your quick attention to this is appreciated!

event.png

The last couple of days, the boards haven't been slow, they have been non-funcional! They seem to be working this morning, at least so far as getting into the boards is concerned, lets see how they deal with a post.

Hi Everyone ~ sorry I wasn't able to get to this thread to post yesterday. I, like you, had problems accessing the boards. As mentioned a couple of posts up, Laura has posted an Announcement. Here's a link to it: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=28&a=76

Thanks so much for your patience. It's hard on all of us when things happen and we can't get in quickly.

Have a great day!

For me, they are running back to normal. I'm sure it was the influx of concerned people about the Crown Princess. As soon as that tragedy happened, the boards slowed down. I actually had to do something else the past 2 days besides read about my upcoming cruise ;) , I packed!:D

For me, they are running back to normal. I'm sure it was the influx of concerned people about the Crown Princess. As soon as that tragedy happened, the boards slowed down. I actually had to do something else the past 2 days besides read about my upcoming cruise ;) , I packed!:D

Me too, I did go to some other boards, but it just isn't the same.

It seems better today: still slow though.

NMNita

I have had problems too. I think if we are patient they will get things adjusted. I read that they are installing new servers. that should help. I lost patience yesterday and gave up:(. Hopefully it will work itself out soon. I hate having to sign in just to READ the boards!

It definitely is doing better today!

:)

Though the last couple of days were nearly impossible to get in, I have been having a problem for more than a week before this. Let me explain what happens to me when this problem occurs and perhaps Laura can take this to the IT guys and look into it.

Remember, this problem was BEFORE the Princess thing.

I log into CC forums, no problem. The first couple of threads open fine, maybe with a short delay, depending on time of day. Mid afternoon being the worse, so I figure that there are a lot of people on. But then, after I have looked at several threads, it starts to get slower and slower, and on many occasions, it just stops. I usually, at that point, just give up and come back later, but if I am in the middle of something, like switching pages in a thread, and it stalls, I will shut down my Internet Explorer, reopen a window, and the boards work again.....for a while, then it starts all over again. It usually does this to me if I open a lot of threads, not if I just jump on to read my subscribed threads.

I am not a computer person, I know only a bit, but to me, it seems like it's a memory leak. Though it doesn't really make sense since I can be in a different window of the web browser, surfing the web and whatever, without a hitch, at the very same time that CC is doing this. Very wierd.

So, anyways, that's the problem I have been having for a while....at least a week, maybe longer, I wasn't really paying attention to when it started.

Remember, this problem was BEFORE the Princess thing.

I log into CC forums, no problem. The first couple of threads open fine, maybe with a short delay, depending on time of day. Mid afternoon being the worse, so I figure that there are a lot of people on. But then, after I have looked at several threads, it starts to get slower and slower, and on many occasions, it just stops. I usually, at that point, just give up and come back later, but if I am in the middle of something, like switching pages in a thread, and it stalls, I will shut down my Internet Explorer, reopen a window, and the boards work again.....for a while, then it starts all over again. It usually does this to me if I open a lot of threads, not if I just jump on to read my subscribed threads.

You just described my computer's actions. I would log out of the internet and start again... Misery does love company..:rolleyes:

These board problems have been going on for maybe a week now. Very slow, blank pages and timed out connections. I think you can see this by the fact that there have been very few new posts in the last few days. And, I'm really getting tired of hearing that CC is so popular and that's why the boards are slow. There are hundreds of websites that get thousands more hits a minute than CC, and they aren't having problems. Yes, the fact that eveyone is logging on to read about the Princess ship is a factor, but as I've said, I never have a problem accessing the most popular websites in the world, but CC continues to be a huge problem.

I too have be unable to acces the boards. Kept throwing me off and telling me I was not authorized to be on the boards. Finally got on today. Do feel better since I have read all the posts and it wasn't me.

We've experienced a tremendous amount of traffic over the last two days mostly, we believe, to the major issues that have transpired this week (Crown Princess incident - evacuation of US citizens by cruise ship in Lebanon).

We enabled a feature that allowed only our Registered Users to read the forums in an effort to combat the problem and to provide better access to our loyal members.

We are, as always, working on this issue. But we do suspect that as life in the cruise world gets back to some sort of normalcy, so will our forums.

The good news is we were in the process of adding additional servers anyway, so everyone will see a marked improvement very shortly.

I'd like to thank everyone who had/has the patience to stick with us.

Laura

That's what the announcement said about the boards....so, yes we do have to log in for now it looks like.

Our membership ranks keep growing fast so the volume of activity is increasing proportionately.

As usually happens, a plan to add yet another server so as to increase functionality was to have been completed yesterday with a brief "hiccup" in service required to make that happen.

Then the Crown Princess matter created a huge influx of hits which required the delay of installing the new server until today.

Work is continuing but at the moment it appears that all is back to normal.

Archived