Mommy emergency care kit

jeanbean

How about a small travel first aide kit? Then you would have tweezers, alcohol wipes, etc...

I'd just load up on sample sizes of cold medicine, tummy medicine, etc...

Nail clippers. Aloe. ahhhh...I was always a parental overplanner...

From what I've been reading, you can no longer get these items in the shops on the ship. (the meds) They want you to go to the infirmary so they can be aware of gastrointestinal issues. I'd hate to end up getting quaranteened because my little one ate too many cookies!

Don't forget sunglasses for them.

Pedialite (sp?), in case your little one picks up a cold. An instant cold pack in case she gets a bad bump. Don't forget her favorite stuffed animal or blankie. Something I found out the hard way when travelling with little kids, take along their favorite clothes. I tried to dress my kids up "nice" every day and they were very upset about it. They need "home" clothes to feel more comfortable being in a new environment. Save the dress up for formal dinners and remember to let her try the stuff on a few times before you leave home.

Hi we cruised with our 2 yr old and our 5 month old( we now have THREE kids) so I am definatley a " over prepared momy"!

I take( on all vacations)

Childrens tylenol( or similar)

Dimetapp( kids anti- histamine for stuffy noses etc)

Polysporin( antiseptic cream)

Pepto Bismal ( diareeha( sp?) and upset tummy

bandaids

tweezers

TONS of good sunscreen

and when they were that young( they are older now) rash cream for bottoms( wet bathing suits can cause havoc)

Taking all this stuff sounds like a lot but it isn't , and when you need something at 2 am it is priceless to have in on hand!

Hats for her head to prevent sunburn, plenty of strong sunblock, her favorite stuffed animals, blankie, and pillow (thanks, Happyks!), small pre-packaged favorite snacks and cereals (even though you can get small boxes of cereal onboard - but only at breakfast), PLENTY of diapers and rash cream like Desitin if she isn't potty-trained (you can't buy those onboard), a small bottle of Woolite to wash out her bathing suits and clothes (which will always get dirty), socks to cover sunburned feet, stroller with shade hood, her own favorite pre-packaged juices (some juices might not be available. Mine always liked apricot juice, which I've never seen anywhere on a ship) favorite sippy cups or bottles, bibs if you need them, and aloe. I probably forgot some things. Look around your house for small "comfort" items that she is used to, and bring them. After reading my post, you will be bringing tons of luggage!

Kid dosed motion sickness medication like Dramamine?

On our recent cruise I brought a ton of stuff, but what we actually used was motion sickness meds (Bonine), antibiotic cream and bandaid, ibuprofen, spray on and cream type sunscreen (spray is great for hair parts!), and LOTS of aloe cream for the inevitable sunburned parts.

Archived