Microwave on QM2

BettyBoop3850

Hi I will be on the QM2 July 24th 24 day TA and Med cruise. I was wondering if there is a microwave on board that passengers can use. The reason I ask is at home I use a microwavable heating bad for minor aches and pains and would like to bring it with me. If not can the cabin steward heat it somewhere for me.

Thanks

Hi I will be on the QM2 July 24th 24 day TA and Med cruise. I was wondering if there is a microwave on board that passengers can use. The reason I ask is at home I use a microwavable heating bad for minor aches and pains and would like to bring it with me. If not can the cabin steward heat it somewhere for me.

Thanks

I dont think you will find an open-access micromave on board, I'm sure the cabin steward would do everything he/she could to help, however if you get one of the electric ones you can heat it whenever you need it without having to rely on anyone else, and the risk that they may not be able to do it to your satisfaction at the time you need it.

OMG, I thought this was going to turn into one of those "can I bring my coffee pot threads ?" and I thought not even CUNARD is immune from this.

Don't joke - we take a travel kettle on the QE2 so that we can make tea during that awkward hour between night service stopping and breakfast starting (6-30 am to 7-30am).

Don't joke - we take a travel kettle on the QE2 so that we can make tea during that awkward hour between night service stopping and breakfast starting (6-30 am to 7-30am).

Do you take your iron too? I know this thread is starting to get a bit silly but I would much rather do a bit of touch up in the room than battle it out in the laundaurette. I know the official line is no, but have you used one without knocking out all the cabins on your deck before? I imagine they dont draw much more power than a kettle?

Do you take your iron too?

I was about to make a rather queeny repost - then I saw that you were asking a serious question!

I would much rather do a bit of touch up in the room than battle it out in the laundrette.

I've never taken an iron. I've always found it much easier to make use of the laundry/valet service.:)

I was about to make a rather queeny repost - then I saw that you were asking a serious question!

I've never taken an iron. I've always found it much easier to make use of the laundry/valet service.:)

I always used to put all my shirts in the laundry the first night, but on one cruise they made a real nasty mess of my collars and cuffs and permanently ruined several shirts, I cant remember which ship it was now which is why i'm reluctant to put everything in there (there's probably a good chance it wasn't even Cunard that did it) it's certainly much easier that way.

Maybe I will give it a go this time if I cant be bothered doing it myself.

and I was expecting some clever person to comment about having a touch up in my cabin, wakey, wakey everyone:)

SSNORWAY

Not being a clever person I couldn't possibly comment on your touch up in the cabin.

However I note (in your last post) that you are thinking of going elsewhere to give it a go as you can't be bothered doing it yourself.

;)

Very best wishes

Do you take your iron too? I know this thread is starting to get a bit silly but I would much rather do a bit of touch up in the room than battle it out in the laundaurette. I know the official line is no, but have you used one without knocking out all the cabins on your deck before? I imagine they dont draw much more power than a kettle?

Irons are a big no . . no . . not so much from the power they would draw but the risk of fire is too great! And that is not a good thing on a ship. The irons in the laundry rooms are closely monitored and they have special fire systems in those rooms.

SSNORWAY

Not being a clever person I couldn't possibly comment on your touch up in the cabin.

However I note (in your last post) that you are thinking of going elsewhere to give it a go as you can't be bothered doing it yourself.

;)

Very best wishes

That gave me a chuckle! my naughty inuendo spell checker didn't see that one! sounds like a good idea though, i'll let someone else do the ironing and use my saved energy on something much more enjoyable x

That gave me a chuckle! my naughty inuendo spell checker didn't see that one! sounds like a good idea though, i'll let someone else do the ironing and use my saved energy on something much more enjoyable x

Hi SSNORWAY

The thing I always try to remember is that a double-entendre only actually has one meaning.

Very best wishes

Hi SSNORWAY

The thing I always try to remember is that a double-entendre only actually has one meaning.

Very best wishes

That sounds a bit deep for a Friday afternoon, have I got the Carol Vauderman board by mistake?

I think its possible that we have deviated a little here, that poor lady with the dilemma about the microwave must be distraught.... sorry, what about a hot water bottle? Take a kettle like Pnhmrk says and you can fill that up when you feel a twinge coming on xx

And then there are the Quilters who have a group thing going on and use many different cruise lines. They bring their sewing machines on board.

Having enjoyed my brief visit with the very clever Cunard posters, I will now go back to lurking.

I always used to put all my shirts in the laundry the first night, but on one cruise they made a real nasty mess of my collars and cuffs and permanently ruined several shirts.

The laundry on the QE2 is quite good - I've never had anything come back that I've felt the need to complain about.

And then there are the Quilters who have a group thing going on and use many different cruise lines. They bring their sewing machines on board.

Having enjoyed my brief visit with the very clever Cunard posters, I will now go back to lurking.

Hammy darling,

They don't do FISHING or TROLLING on Cunard ships. That is generally done by shrimpers, not liners.

However, being a shrimp myself (Okay, maybe a spiny lobster, but more likely a CRAB) I will take the bait.

The Quilting Club (Friends of Hester) do not use machines.

Anyone knows that PROPER TRADITIONAL quilting is done by HAND!

And NEVER with Denim!

:D:p:rolleyes:;)

Karie,

who does not quilt, thankyewverymuch!

Archived