Wine as a gift

Hi everyone - My husband will probably send me and my mom a bottle of wine as a gift to our cabin - am I able to bring this wine to dinner? By the way - this is for the Spirit

Just be prepared to pay the $15 corkage fee at the restaurant. We brought two bottles with us - Cagney's made us pay, Le Bistro did not. I think this is becuase typically when you carry on the bottles, you pay the fee as soon as you go through security, and it is marked PAID.

Since we got ours through undetected, we didn't pay as we boarded. Cagney's must have noticed the bottle had no sticker, and Le Bistro didn't.

Just be prepared to pay the $15 corkage fee at the restaurant. We brought two bottles with us - Cagney's made us pay, Le Bistro did not. I think this is becuase typically when you carry on the bottles, you pay the fee as soon as you go through security, and it is marked PAID.

Since we got ours through undetected, we didn't pay as we boarded. Cagney's must have noticed the bottle had no sticker, and Le Bistro didn't.

I believe the OP is talking about her hubby sending it via the ship. If that is the case there is no corkage fee. The fee only applies to wine you bring on from shore, not wine they sell on board or connected with the bon voyage gifts. NMNita

even if THEY proivided it for us you think we would still have to pay the fee? He already would have paid their inflated price

Mallory, I just answered this: no, if it is NCLs wine you do not pay a corkage fee. YOu are right, that would be highway robbery...NMNita

Are you saying if I smuggle in only brands they carry on the ship I can avoid the corkage fee? :cool:
It has to be the correct brand and type not to mention it has to be a wine that can be purchased through the bon voyage gift list. I don't think I would try that if I were you, but who knows? We were caught as soon as we walked on the ship. Most others we talked to tried to get it on via the luggage and they too were caught. Is it really worth the bother? NMnita

Hi everyone - My husband will probably send me and my mom a bottle of wine as a gift to our cabin - am I able to bring this wine to dinner? By the way - this is for the Spirit

If he sends it through the ship gift program you do not have to pay corkage fees. Our TA sent our group a total of 4 gift baskets during our recent Dawn Cruise. We took each one to the dinning rooms with us on different nights and they opened them with no charge. In addition, when we didn't finish one one night, they tagged it and gave us the slip so that we could have it another night just like any other bottle.

Archived