QM2 4 day cruises

lovetheocean21

Seems like in 2007 the QM2 is doing alot of 4 day cruises to the Bahamas and also alot of 8 - 10 days to the Caribbean. What do you all think

about the 4 day to the Bahamas - seemsl like great prices - Did the 8 night out of nyc last year to the carib and was EXCELLENT.

Wonder why the QM2 is doing this - I heard they didn't make money going to the carib. I am very suprised she is doing so many 4 day cruises for a luxury ship but it gives us a chance to sail on her more.

Dave from NJ

Not sure why the Bahamas actually. I can see the 4 day trips to give those who haven't experienced the ship a chance to take a tempting taste of it and then get hooked for a longer voyage. They all do it. I guess NYC has been more successful than Fort Lauderdale in regards to a US homeport and thus the reason for the Bahamas trip out of there. Not sure its the ideal place for Cunard but I guess time will tell.

If I had my choice of a 4 day to the Bahamas or a 4 day to Canada/New England I'd pick the latter.

Hi Dave,

We prefer to do 10-13 day cruises especially to Eastern-South Caribbean or Panama Canal Voyages. The most important time we have found to enjoy and learn and take advantage of the ship and all the activities are those days at SEA.

We did do the 7/3 5day cruise on the Mary this year and did use it as a sampler not as it was designated as a party cruise. We certainly did get the feel and experienced of her. She also settled our fears of being too too big. After a certain amount of days, and our rooms were in the rear, we did not feel her length and size as I did on the QE2. The Mary has only 4 stairways (A to D and the Elizabeth has 8 (A to H).

She did sell us and we are looking forward to returning on her for a considerable amount of time as I have stated above.

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Not sure why the Bahamas actually. I can see the 4 day trips to give those who haven't experienced the ship a chance to take a tempting taste of it and then get hooked for a longer voyage. They all do it. I guess NYC has been more successful than Fort Lauderdale in regards to a US homeport and thus the reason for the Bahamas trip out of there. Not sure its the ideal place for Cunard but I guess time will tell.

If I had my choice of a 4 day to the Bahamas or a 4 day to Canada/New England I'd pick the latter.

4 day New York to Bahamas or Bermuda would not be my choice, but I can give you a couple of reasons from people I have talked to.

1- New York vs. Ft Laud- Unless you live in Florida, you have to fly in, which really adds and extra day or two realistically, plus additional cost, plus additional hassle and luggage restrictions. Since there are a plethora of choices from Florida, and few from New York (relatively speaking) the new New York to anywhere routes have become quite popular for folks in the Northeast who do not wish to fly.

Many people do not wish to fly at all- They are afraid of flying, or hate the hassles or have fears from the 9-11 incidents.

2) 4 days- Sometimes people can't afford to take a whole week either financially or time-wise. Or maybe they don't want a whole vacation, just a short getaway. Kind of a long weekend, which is how I am viewing the Labor day cruise. I will only have to take two days off of work to do this cruise.

3) Bahamas (Less so, Bermuda) The Caribbean, or rather, the tropics, without having to go too far- Or the "exotic" for many Americans (Being British Isles) Something NOT "ordinary to the average American.

Just my opinion, though not my choice!

Karie,

Who is happy to be going on the Labor day, but sad it is ONLY 4 days!

We too picked the 4 day Labor Day cruise out of NYC because it was an opportunity to try Cunard, and basically it's a long weekend. We saved on hotel & airfare because we live right here in the nYC metro area, and with the holiday on Monday, all we really have to do is take 2 days off from work.

Archived