Announcing the QUEEN MARY II

highcbob

What a nice looking ship! I may want to book a berth for a ten day cruise.

Do you know how many formal nights there might be and what kind of clothing I should bring along for a cruise?

Are there any "sheltered balconies" and if so, will I be able to see the ocean while sitting in my balcony lounge chair?

Do they serve high tea on the poop deck in the afternoon?

Where does the Queen Mary II dock in the New York City area: Bayonne, Red Hook, Hudson River, or in some canal?

Is it true that Commodore Warwich is taking command of it once he retires from Cunard?

Thanks for any information that you feel is not necessary to provide. I will understand why you did so, but there may be others who have some better questions.

Cu Nard resist the temptation for some fun!

Terrence (Terry)

Thanks for any information that you feel is not necessary to provide. I will understand why you did so, but there may be others who have some better questions.

Was she a Clyde Steamer?

Was she a Clyde Steamer?

Yes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TS_Queen_Mary

Peter

PS on names & arabic vs roman numerals - when they came to make a film of Alan Bennett's play 'The Madness of George III' the American producers argued (successfully) that the film should be 'The Madness of King George' as they were concerned that people wouldn't go to see it, not having seen either 'The Madness of George I' or 'The Madness of George II'......their attempt to replace Nigel Hawthorne in the lead however was met with a flat refusal......

I visited here recently, the sad thing is the staff on board have NO idea of the history. I had on a QM2 jacket with a very bold Queen Mary 2 logo and even with that they still had no knowledge of the namesake, and not even a link to any history!!!

However the food was good, the beer was cold and for me nostalga filled the air, but thats me l guess!!!!

To Peter:

Thank you Peter for the information, its always a grat pleasure to follow your very interesting inputs here in these threads.

As it is coming closer to our stay at your wonderful home island of Guernsey, I would simply like to say hello to you and shake hands. We'll arive on the 12th in the afternoon by ferry from Jersey and will stay at the hotel Le Chene in Forest, south of the airport until Monday evening. From there we'll circumnavigate the island by bike. Where to find you??

My address is rhoerhann@hotmail.com if you want to contact me.

All the best from

Archived