Promowave discount ??'s Any TA's???

Well, I just had one of those "if you don't get the answer you want, or it doesn't make sense" call another service rep experiences. So, I thought I would ask on here. CC'ers know more than anyone.

On the promowave weekly specials, there is a residency discount that applies to my cruise. NOS 8/19/06. It includes VA, and that's where we live. So, as I always do, I call RCI. First call, no it doesn't apply as it only applies to new bookings.....Wrong! This is not a happy hour special. Second call, it doesn't apply because there are three people in the cabin, and discounts only go to 2 person cabins. ?????? I only want the speciall price on the first two people.

Should I try again? :confused: :confused: It would be about $440. :eek:

Well, I just had one of those "if you don't get the answer you want, or it doesn't make sense" call another service rep experiences. So, I thought I would ask on here. CC'ers know more than anyone.

On the promowave weekly specials, there is a residency discount that applies to my cruise. NOS 8/19/06. It includes VA, and that's where we live. So, as I always do, I call RCI. First call, no it doesn't apply as it only applies to new bookings.....Wrong! This is not a happy hour special. Second call, it doesn't apply because there are three people in the cabin, and discounts only go to 2 person cabins. ?????? I only want the speciall price on the first two people.

Should I try again? :confused: :confused: It would be about $440. :eek:

The second rep is correct. The category for the triple you are in would be a different category than the promowave cabin price is for. Read the fine print at the bottom. "Prices are based on the minimum category in each of inside, ouside, and balcony."

So, as I always do, I call RCI. First call, no it doesn't apply as it only applies to new bookings.....Wrong! This is not a happy hour special. :

I don't know if the "new bookings only" restriction applies here but don't think that it's only for the Happy Hour promos. RCI can and will apply it to any other promos they want.

I know your frustration. I have a triple booked on the Enchantment 9/02. The rates went down for my catagory for the first two passengers, BUT they raised the rate on the third passenger. I would like the rate reduction, but am being penalized for having a third person in my cabin.:(

Cruise lines promote what they have a lot of and in that way are just like any other retailer. In the summer, double cabins are usually available in quantity long after triples and quads are not. Saying you are being penalized for having a triple is like saying you are being penalized for being too young and not qualifying for the senior discount.

Archived