Airport to Cruise port

newlywedcruisers

Hi,

Check with

http://www.airportshuttleneworleans.com/

They used to go to the Julia Street Wharf / Cruise ship terminal too. It´s not mentioned on their website but the cruise season hasn´t started yet.

Other ground transportation from the aiport to downtown see

http://www.flymsy.com/ (go to "Ground Transportation")

There is a bus but you have to change to get to the cruise terminal and I won´t advise taking the bus with lots of luggage. The riverfront streetcar which used to go to Julia Street isn´t restored that far yet.

A cab is $28 for two, the airport shuttle $13 per person. Not much difference.

steamboats

My DH and I decided to take the bus about 3 years ago. All I can say, it was an experience we probably won't attempt again. We had several transfers. With all of the luggage it was difficult getting on and off. Sometimes there was not a seat and we had to find a place for the luggage out of the isle. We had taken the shuttle or taxi before and we will be taking the shuttle or taxi in the future! We prefer the taxi because most of the drivers has been very interesting with a lot of comments along the way. Good Luck!

• 1 month later...
We need to get from the pier to the airport after a cruise. Any info on best way or how to do it?

Best is a relative term. For how many people? I think the taxi fare is the same as coming in - $28 + maybe a buck for a fuel surcharge + tip.

Since my flight won't leave until late in the day, what I am doing is renting a car from the Convention Center location of Hertz and doing some touring and/or visiting and then dropping off at the airport Hertz. If I had reserved well in advance I might have gotten a better rate (or not), but will end up paying about $42 total for a mid-size.

Archived