Whicker's World

pnhmrk

I vaguely remember a documentary back in the early 80's that features Alan Whicker on the QE2. I wasn't very old then and my interest in the ship hadn't developed. I vaguely remember something about a flood in the Tables of the World Restaurant necessitating a new carpet but that's about it. Is (was) this series ever released on DVD or VHS? Is there any way of getting to see the series now?

I have several copies of this 3 hour series which is a great behind the scenes series of life on board QE2 in the 1980's. I don't think it's ever been shown again on the BBC in the UK since it's first transmission back in the early 1980's. Any of AW's series though are very good!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

I have several copies of this 3 hour series

Did it only run for 3 hours? I remember it as being something that was on every week for months. Are your copies recorded from TV or a commercial recording?Is there any way of getting to see one?:)

I'd pay to get a copy of this.

You're not the only one!

Thanks for finding the earlier thread about the tape - I've just ordered the other tapes mentioned (those I haven't already got) from eBay; the Whicker one would complete my collection.

Archived