coffee card?

ghgeckos

I've been reading a few of the crown reviews and many mentioned a coffee card. Is this a feature of the new ship or is the coffee card going to be fleet wide? I'll be on the Diamond in Feb 07 and I am very interested in the card. It sounds easier than having to sign little beverage slips multiple times a day.

Bump.

does anyone have an answer to the coffee card question?

when we were on the island in may i got one. you get a punch card

for x amount of cups of coffee. i dont remember how much it was.

i asked if you could use it on other ships and they said no.

greg

I've been reading a few of the crown reviews and many mentioned a coffee card. Is this a feature of the new ship or is the coffee card going to be fleet wide? I'll be on the Diamond in Feb 07 and I am very interested in the card. It sounds easier than having to sign little beverage slips multiple times a day.

I have only cruised on Celebrity, but can you not get coffee on Princess without a card? We are considering an Alaska Princess cruise, but this does not sound good.

Hi FortyNinerLiz,

We just got off the Crown's 7/22 sailing. I wrote a "live" journal from on board where I spoke about the coffee card:

About the coffee card and specialty coffees - Here is what the card buys you for $24: Unlimited Premium brewed coffee, and 15 specialty drinks of

jamaican blue mountain coffee, flavored coffee, espresso, cafe latte, cappuccino, cafe mocha, hot chocolate, premium tea (there is nothing called chai on the International Cafe menu).This is on page 4

If you'd like to read more:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=383812

Hi FortyNinerLiz,

We just got off the Crown's 7/22 sailing. I wrote a "live" journal from on board where I spoke about the coffee card:

About the coffee card and specialty coffees - Here is what the card buys you for $24: Unlimited Premium brewed coffee, and 15 specialty drinks of

jamaican blue mountain coffee, flavored coffee, espresso, cafe latte, cappuccino, cafe mocha, hot chocolate, premium tea (there is nothing called chai on the International Cafe menu).This is on page 4

We got the cards on our last DawnPrincess cruise.

The card will get coffe drinks that are normally $2.00 each.....so you get $30.00 worth of drinks for $24.00......saving $6.00. And if you are lucky.......sometimes they do not punch the card...........:)

Hi FortyNinerLiz,

Thanks so much for the info!!!

I was on the 7/22 crown princess cruise and being an addict haha I was going to get one of those cards until they told me that it is not good for any iced coffee or otherwise iced drinks, so thats something to consider

Just came off from the Star Princess. On that ship they are charging $1.00 for a filtered coffee from Plaza bar or anywhere else. Previously, you were able to get the filtered coffee for free if you asked.

In any case, this was our staple since the coffee served in the buffet or dining room was just horrible. To our surprise, Princess has improved the buffet coffee so there is no need to go for the filtered.

Archived