St Thomas/ St John Question

Hello all!

I went on the Serenade two years ago and went on the St John's Trunk Bay Excursion through the ship while we were in St Thomas. I want to do that same excursion this year but I don't see that it is offered anymore. There is just one St John's excursion and it is for a tour of the island. Does anyone know if they will be offering it closer to the sail date? Or have they did away with this excursion?

Thanks for your help! Beth

Hi

It's the ST.John beach tour. You take the ferry from the dock in St. Thomas to ST. John. A 20 min open taxi/shuttle bus ride lets you off at Trunk Bay for a 1 1/2 - 2 hour swim/snorkle experience. I just did it 2 weeks ago on the AOS and it was one of the best excursions I booked.

If you have a full day in St T, I really recommend going to St J on your own. The ferry is easy to catch from Red Hook or Charlotte Amalie, and you will be able to spend more time at the beach. The extra flexibility can be every nice; just be sure to catch the ferry in time so you don't miss the ship!

I fully concur with Patrick's recommendation. We have been to St. Thomas so many times that now we usually go to St. John's. It is very easy, and much less expensive, to replicate the cruiseline's excursion on your own which allows you to decide how much time to spend and exactly what you want to see and do.

If you decide to stay in St. Thomas, I would strongly recommend the BOB Underwater Adventure which is a unique excursion that IMHO is well worth the cost.:)

Hi

It's the ST.John beach tour. You take the ferry from the dock in St. Thomas to ST. John. A 20 min open taxi/shuttle bus ride lets you off at Trunk Bay for a 1 1/2 - 2 hour swim/snorkle experience. I just did it 2 weeks ago on the AOS and it was one of the best excursions I booked.

Hey Tazboyles!

We had a GREAT time on that tour!! Loved the ferry ride going over there. We sat on the outside and DID get soaking wet even before we got to the beach. The beach itself was lovely and everyone in the group who went snorkeling loved it. Only drawback was my nephew got stung by a piece of a jellyfish. However he's 14 and just "too cool" to complain. It was great meeting you and the others at our M & M. Hope your cruise was as wonderful as ours.

-Karen

It was a great cruise. We all loved it. Lots of relaxing beach time. The AOS was tremendous. Our gang also enjoyed the M&M. Great stories. Les and I saw you guys yucking it up in the solarium pool. Thought they were going to have to call the pool police. We were on the deck above catching rays.

The ST.J excursion was excellent. I didn't see you guys. Sorry to hear about your nephew. We heard a young girl also got stung but her's was worse. Glad I didn't hear about it until I was on the bus.

See you on the next cruise. bob

Yikes!!! Yup we were definately having too good of a time in the solarium pool. I guess you can just blame that on the heat & too many Heinekens!! My sister-in-law, loves to get everyone revved up. And believe me she was in rare form that day!! After losing the horse race, we had to drown ourselves and our sorrows! I too thought the pool police were going to have us deported onto the first port of call!! Ah----what's a vacation for, if not to have a good time, right? Hope to see you on our next cruise. - Karen

Thank you for your suggestions. RCCL is not offering the St John/Trunk Bay Beach excursion, as yet, for our Nov 25 cruise. We are seriously thinking of going there ourselves after many suggestions from the message boards. We are a bit apprehensive to leave St Thomas ourselves, where our ship is docked, don't want to be left behind! But, I think, my wanting to be at Trunk Bay will win out over my fear of being left behind. Thank you again! ~Beth :)

Beth, check out all the information on getting to St. John on your own on the ports of call boards. We will be there in 4 weeks and are also going to try it on our own. Have a great time!

Archived