Daytona Speedway from Port Canaveral?

Lizzydri

Sorry for posting so many questions seperately, but my brain is running slow today as I am trying to prepare for our sailing on Saturday!!!!!!

Has anyone gone on the excursion to Daytona Speedway? If so, can you tell me your experience? I'm debating if I want to do it - on Carnival's website it says it is 6 hours long? What do you do for 6 hours? I know for the Nascar fan "It's Daytona - the Mecca", but being that there is no race there, what is there to see and do? I mainly want to go because my son is a major Nascar fan (he won't be with us, but I figured to bring him back something from there - he'd be thrilled)

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Things to do at the track? Are you kidding me? OK Here is the run down the there is a track tour normally but I am not sure how much of that you will be able to see since they are reocating Victory lane and such. Then there is DAYTAN USA right there at the track as well. You could spend several hours in there and DAle Jr's car he won the 500 is there as well. HAve fun

If you "LOVE" speed. Spend $100 and do the Richard Petty ride a long. Its only 3 laps, but at 170 mph it is a rush. Price also includes Daytona USA tickets.

Archived