First-timer, cabin question

Newsdude

We're booked on the Sensation, me in one room and my teenage daughter and best friend in another. They're both 6A, and the deck plan shows them with "one upper." Is that desirable? Should I try to change rooms? The girls thought they would have two beds they could shove together, because that's what Carnival shows on its Web site.

I've sailed on the Elation which is a Fantasy class ship like the Sensation. I believe all of the 6A cabins will have two lower beds (and sometimes one or two upper berths that can be lowered if needed). The two lower beds can be pushed together without a problem - they turn one of the beds 90 degrees to be next to the other one. I would ask your agent to put a notation on your reservation if that is what you want. That way your steward will make them up as a double initially and won't have to make the beds twice on your embackation day.

If you have the upper bunk(s) lowered, quite often you are stuck with the single bed configuration so there is a clear walkway to get to all of the beds.

I forgot to post the link to this site. It has info on cabins for most of the ships for the major cruise lines. It shows a 6A as having two singles that can be made into a king.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/home1.htm

I haven't posted a link before so I hope it opens as a link. If not you may need to copy and paste it to the browser.

We're booked on the Sensation, me in one room and my teenage daughter and best friend in another. They're both 6A, and the deck plan shows them with "one upper." Is that desirable? Should I try to change rooms? The girls thought they would have two beds they could shove together, because that's what Carnival shows on its Web site.

DId youpay a single supplement for your cabin?? wow.

could you not have booked in the same cabin with the girls?

If they were boys, no problem. But it would be awkward for Dad to share a room with two 16-year-old girls.

(Plus, they'd get on my nerves ... just kidding ... well, maybe not.)

Yeah, it's costing me, but my daughter's friend took her to Punta Cana last year, so I'm up to bat. It's still cheaper than bringing Mom, who didn't want to come anyway.

Thanks, everyone, for straightening me out on the cabins. Cruising is a whole new world to learn.

Cruising is the best world to learn. took my teens on their first cruise back in 2000. (they were boys...and one neice) 5 to an inside cabin. Boys headed to the gym/spa area for showers.

booked for my 9th in Sept and have two more booked after.

I believe there will be two twin beds AND a pulldown in those cabins. My only inside cabin was a 1A, and that was what I had.

We just booked an 8A Balcony on the Upper and our travel agent told us about a Pulldown and a Roll Away. What is the difference between the two? We stayed in an Oceanview last time and the couch in the room changed into a bed is a roll away the same?

We just booked an 8A Balcony on the Upper and our travel agent told us about a Pulldown and a Roll Away. What is the difference between the two? We stayed in an Oceanview last time and the couch in the room changed into a bed is a roll away the same?

We sailed on the Elation a number of years ago and they brought a roll away in for us. It was a mattress on a wheeled platform and it was much smaller than a regular bed (about 6' long). It was OK for a child, but as an adult I wouldn't want to try sleeping on it. A pulldown is generally a full sized berth that folds down from the wall or ceiling.

What ship are you sailing? a sofa and a rollaway are two different things.

Some cabins sleep 2 but can accomadate a third using a rollaway. not all ships can accomadate a rollaway.

We used a rollaway the first night-- after that got rid of it and kept the mattress. the bed jsut took up too much space for the 5 of us in one cabin.

What ship are you sailing? a sofa and a rollaway are two different things.

Some cabins sleep 2 but can accomadate a third using a rollaway. not all ships can accomadate a rollaway.

We used a rollaway the first night-- after that got rid of it and kept the mattress. the bed jsut took up too much space for the 5 of us in one cabin.

I'm sailing on the Victory. We booked an 8A and was wondering what it really is? My parents understand what it is but I can't figure it out.

Archived