? about lovers beach in Cabo

grg

Can anyone give me info on a water taxi to Lovers beach ie. how easy is it to get a water taxi, price to expect to pay for 2, do they remember to come pick you up later, is it safe to hang out at the beach for awhile. I don't want to end up a castaway! Thanks

The price is about $8 to $10 per person. Be sure to "bargain" a bit. They are waiting right near the tender docks. First you go on the 30 minute lands end tour to see the arch. Then they will drop you off at the beach. There is no bathroom at the beach. Sometimes there are vendors selling drinks. When you want to leave, you njust flag dow the enxt boat heading back to the pier. Or tell your guy when to pick you up. Just don't miss the boat.

1499919903_Loversbeach.jpg.582a4ca8a26c5ccc1f0dae466624c405.jpg

2069587955_Loversbeach2.jpg.d586e353b23ccad408791dd23927068c.jpg

nothing there but what Mother Nature left behind

no facilities of any kind

no shops, no bathrooms, nada, zero, zilch

keep this in mind when you tell your driver to pick you up in an hour or so

the waves make it unswimmable on one side and boats are dropping off people on the other

so if you bring it in, please take it back out, so that everyone can enjoy it the way it was intended

great rock formations, beautiful views of the bay, Medano Beach, the cruise ship, etc. Excellent snorkeling in the area as well

have fun

It seems like the taxis are very good about remembering to come back to get you, but if they didn't, there will be plenty of others to take their place. We agreed to a round trip price (for which you may be able to negotiate a better rate). The taxi driver tried to insist on payment in full when he dropped us off, but I absolutely refused to pay him more than half the fare. (How could I be sure he would return?) He wasn't too happy with me, but he did return at the designated time, and I paid him the rest of the fare.

I would warn against "round-trips" unless they're booked online in advance. Otherwise, you have no recourse if they don't come back for you. Very good idea to refuse to pay in full up front too.

Lovers Beach is a nice, close place to visit for a couple hours - cheap ($10) and easy to get to. As mentioned, there are no facilities at all, so if you're looking for a place to spend the day, you might want to look at Chileno Beach instead.

Archived