Cheesy question about Rum Point

773 Miles Away

So I'll be here in October and I'm hoping to do the NativeWay tour (rays, reef, and rum point). I'm curious about Rum Point though because the last time I went to GC I went to Seven Mile Beach.

Now don't laugh but what I'm about to say next is quite serious.. :)

I am petrified of dirty oceans .. and by dirty I don't mean trash. It's the way I explain oceans that have a lot of .. stuff. Don't ask me why, but that's just how I am! lol. So I'm wondering.. how is the beach? Is there sea weed? Can I see the bottom? When I'm walking in the water.. am I trudging through foggy water.. sticks.. rocks.. shells.. anything??

If you've ever been to Bermuda.. Horseshoe Bay.. that's really the type of beach I can handle.. perfect crystal clear water, no rocks, nothing.. almost looks man made. But once I start seeing stuff in the water, or I can't see the bottom.. I can't handle it. Hence why I've never swam in a lake. lol.

So yes.. embarrasing as it may be.. I'm very curius about this because each picture I look at I can't really tell.. some look crystal clear and perfectly clear of debris and stuff.. while others look cloudy, sea weedy, and full of .. stuff. (really, is there a better word than "stuff"? haha).

So any info would be greatly appreciated - the more specific the better. Links to pictures - even better!

I'd hate to get there and be terrified of the water!!

P.S. I hope you dont read this and think stuck up prissy little girl.. because that's not it.. it really is just a very strange but very real fear. I hate it..

THANKS! :D

So I'll be here in October and I'm hoping to do the NativeWay tour (rays, reef, and rum point). I'm curious about Rum Point though because the last time I went to GC I went to Seven Mile Beach.

Now don't laugh but what I'm about to say next is quite serious.. :)

I am petrified of dirty oceans .. and by dirty I don't mean trash. It's the way I explain oceans that have a lot of .. stuff. Don't ask me why, but that's just how I am! lol. So I'm wondering.. how is the beach? Is there sea weed? Can I see the bottom? When I'm walking in the water.. am I trudging through foggy water.. sticks.. rocks.. shells.. anything??

If you've ever been to Bermuda.. Horseshoe Bay.. that's really the type of beach I can handle.. perfect crystal clear water, no rocks, nothing.. almost looks man made. But once I start seeing stuff in the water, or I can't see the bottom.. I can't handle it. Hence why I've never swam in a lake. lol.

So yes.. embarrasing as it may be.. I'm very curius about this because each picture I look at I can't really tell.. some look crystal clear and perfectly clear of debris and stuff.. while others look cloudy, sea weedy, and full of .. stuff. (really, is there a better word than "stuff"? haha).

So any info would be greatly appreciated - the more specific the better. Links to pictures - even better!

I'd hate to get there and be terrified of the water!!

P.S. I hope you dont read this and think stuck up prissy little girl.. because that's not it.. it really is just a very strange but very real fear. I hate it..

THANKS! :D

773milesaway,

Sounds like you must use the Beaches around Boston or even worse NJ.

I took this very tour last October. Hurricane Wilma was roaming the area when we were there, so the water was quite rough. However, I can say for certain that it was very clear, clean water. So clear, in fact, that it made it difficult to judge the depth of the water. I did not do much swimming, though, but only because it was rather overcast and cold. The beach itself is beautiful white sand and clean and you can walk along the sandy shoreline for a very long time. I was able to wade out into the water and splash around and not run into any "stuff".

Don't feel silly about your fear. I can't swim in rivers because the thought of being in moving water that I can't see through makes me sick to my stomach. I'm also afraid of big fish biting me (but don't tell anyone).

Liz, I just deleted some great pictures of Rum Point last night that had been sent to me. I too hope to go there in November. Photo's were picture perfect with children enjoying the shallow clear azur water - no waves either. Check out cruiseclues for photos. Being from NE, I don't like the icky lakes, ponds or sea weed filled water ways either. Maybe that is why I love the Caribbean. Of course, a storm at sea or one at sea can change that within a day. I have been Cave Tubing in Belize - talk about not being able to see bottom!

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Rum Point in late July and the water was perfectly still andclear and gorgeous. At some points there were a few rocks along the shore, but other areas it was just sand. There was nothing in the water. One of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen.

Archived