Question about family dining together

alecsmom

My family (total of 7) and I are cruising on the Conquest - our bookings were linked together so I understand Carnival will try to seat us together at dinner if they can - and if not we can go to the dining room first day and request that we get the same table.

My question is - what is the likelihood that we will just have a table for 7 (as opposed to seating us together with other people at a larger table) ? I'd really prefer to just sit with the family this time - don't get me wrong, I love meeting new people at dinner - my husband and I have met some great people all over the world that we keep in touch with that way - but since we will have 3 kids with us this time and it's a family thing - I think it's best for everyone if just the 7 of us were at one table. Is that likely?

Thanks.

we were on the Glory with another family of 5 the week of July 15th and booked our cruises on different days. We all got to sit together, their 5 and our 4 with no problem. You shouldn't have any problem whatsovever.

Have fun!

Not 100%, but I suspect you will just have an empty seat at your table for 8. I seriously doubt they will seat a single person with your family (they try to seat them with other singles).

Our group of 15 (3 couples and 9 teens) had two tables of 8. They put an extra chair at the end of 1 table for the kids, and the 6 parents set at a table with 2 open seats.

Have fun!

It can depend on how full the ship is. I always cruise with a small group of friends and family. It seems that we always end up with an odd number of people compared to table size. So far we have been lucky and they have just left the extra seat empty.

My suggestion is to call your travel agent now and request a table for 8.

Have a great trip with your family.

Usually the only way a family of 7 would be seated with anyone is if they had tables for 10 or 12-- Since the Glory has many tables for 8, Momof4boys is probably right, you'll have an extra seat -- very unlikely they'd put a single person with a family of 7!

Have a great family cruise!!

bill

We were on the Pride several years ago with our 4 kids and two of their friends. Everyone did their own thing during the day but we always had dinner together each evening. They all said later that this was one of their favorite things for everyone to compare what they had done and what the plans were for the evening or the next day. It really was a special time for me and my husband since we knew they would soon all be leaving home and going different directions.

Our next cruise - Valor, April 2007, will be with my elderly parents - this will be a totally different cruise but we are excited.

Cherish the time you have with them and have a wonderful cruise.

Archived