sending a bottle to your room

Mamanance

My DW and I have done this for every cruise we have gone on. You actually have to call the Bon Voyage department at Carnival to get this set up. Once you get on board you will have to go to one of the dinning rooms hosts and they will retrieve your liquor for you. Nothing against trying to smuggle it on but for us the $30 extra it cost per bottle it is one less thing we have to worry about on our vacation.

My DW and I have done this for every cruise we have gone on. You actually have to call the Bon Voyage department at Carnival to get this set up. Once you get on board you will have to go to one of the dinning rooms hosts and they will retrieve your liquor for you. Nothing against trying to smuggle it on but for us the $30 extra it cost per bottle it is one less thing we have to worry about on our vacation.

Really? It's not delivered to your room? What if you were buying it for a gift? They'd have to deliver it then. I was assuming the bottle we ordered from B.V. would be waiting for us.

I have another question: one of our free percs for traveling in a group was one free bottle of wine per cabin. How do they handle that?

Do you get to choose your wine and do they deliver it?

(I think it would be a pretty lousy deal if they charged us a $10 corking fee on a complimentary bottle of wine in the dining room.)

We have only ordered liquor. Now my mother on our last cruise had purchased wine online and it was delivered to her room. Not sure what the difference is. Not to throw a complete kink in to everything but if you are sailing on the Holiday due to Alabama laws you won't receive your liquor until the next day when you are out of their waters.

Great! Thanks everyone for your replies! :)

I beleive its a $9.00 Corkadge fee plus the price for the liquor! Thats what it was last year but it could have gone up call your Ta or Customer care and ask them to set it up for you;) I highly recommend it since all the day of boarding and getting to your Cabin,nothing like a good drink before the fire drill!:D ;)

Hmmm, when I called Bon Voyage Dept, they didn't mention any corkage fee, but they did mention you have to arrange this at least 1 week prior to cruise & that it will be in your cabin upon embarkation.

These prices are about a month or two old - Absolute $40, Captain Morgain $40, Malibu $55, Tanquiray $45, Bombay $55. Their # is 800-522-7648. (I'm still trying to figure out what I need to order :D )

And I don't think they do Tequila - bummer!:(

Lisa

their hours are M-F 9-5:30

Really? It's not delivered to your room? What if you were buying it for a gift? They'd have to deliver it then. I was assuming the bottle we ordered from B.V. would be waiting for us.

When I ordered a bottle of Grey Goose from the Bon Voyage dept. for my son's cruise, he said it was in his cabin when he arrived.

I have another question: one of our free percs for traveling in a group was one free bottle of wine per cabin. How do they handle that?

I would think it would be in your cabin upon arrival. When friends have sent wine to me, it was in my cabin, iced down, with wine glasses and a Carnival logo corkscrew.

Whomever is sending you the wine has probably chosen the type that will be your gift. Possibly you could exchange it if not your preference. Ask the purser who to see about exchanges. There's also the possibility that the sender has asked that the wine be at your dining table the first evening...?

(I think it would be a pretty lousy deal if they charged us a $10 corking fee on a complimentary bottle of wine in the dining room.

The wine I have rec'd as gifts came with a card. I took the wine and the card to the dining room, and of course was not charged a corkage fee.

Actually, even when I've taken my own wine to the dining, I've never been charged the fee. It seems to be at the discretion of your waiter. Some are charged, others aren't.

When I ordered a bottle of Grey Goose from the Bon Voyage dept. for my son's cruise, he said it was in his cabin when he arrived.

I would think it would be in your cabin upon arrival. When friends have sent wine to me, it was in my cabin, iced down, with wine glasses and a Carnival logo corkscrew.

Whomever is sending you the wine has probably chosen the type that will be your gift. Possibly you could exchange it if not your preference. Ask the purser who to see about exchanges. There's also the possibility that the sender has asked that the wine be at your dining table the first evening...?

(I think it would be a pretty lousy deal if they charged us a $10 corking fee on a complimentary bottle of wine in the dining room.

The wine I have rec'd as gifts came with a card. I took the wine and the card to the dining room, and of course was not charged a corkage fee.

Actually, even when I've taken my own wine to the dining, I've never been charged the fee. It seems to be at the discretion of your waiter. Some are charged, others aren't.

Maybe so maybe not on Complimentary wine corkadge fee but you know the cruise lines into making money! On RCCL if you order it from the Liquor shop or buy it to take to your cabin "YOU" will be charged a $9.00 Corkadge fee! It may have went up from last year why do you think everyone sneaks their own liquor onboard?

Roy. Car. USED to let you buy a bottle in the store on the ship and pay like ten bucks extra and you could take it back to your room. Well, no more. We were shocked when we went to make the purchase and they informed us it was no longer allowed. So you know what? Smuggle it. What the hell. It isn't like they are going to lock you up if they ever discovered it. Which they never do. Live on the edge. LOL It's a choice. Big deal. You won't go to time out. :eek:

What we do, or shall I say what I do, is that I tell my children if they want to buy something for Dad's birthday, which is the date of the cruise, then to call the Bon Voyage Dept. and purchase drink coupons for him. I'm sure he'd like that much better then some socks and underwear or shirts and pants.

Are all the bottlles of liquor you can order from the Bon Voyage Dept 1 liter bottles??? Thanks

Dan and Miguel

Yes they are! I dont know why they dont carry the larger ones!Probably Inventory and taxation on larger sizes and probably dont sell the larger size ask the clerk in the Liquor Store good question, Ive never thought of asking myself! You can bring on a larger Bottle from ports and tell them you want it sent to your room and pay the corkadge fee of course ive talked to people who said they just put it in their backpack and and were never checked or questioned and took it back to their room! So go figure! You might try it!Ive done it!

I can't find anywhere in the gift section where you can order Vodka.. I only can find wine.

How do you order it?

thanks,

Carla

You cant! Call the Customer care people at your cruise line and request that a bottle be sent to your cabin I dont know if they will but it doesnt hurt to asK!

You can bring on a larger Bottle from ports and tell them you want it sent to your room and pay the corkadge fee of course ive talked to people who said they just put it in their backpack and and were never checked or questioned and took it back to their room! So go figure! You might try it!Ive done it!

While you may be able to get a bottle back to your stateroom that you've purchased in a port, you can't have it sent to your stateroom by paying a "corkage fee" -- not on Carnival anyway.

You can bring on a larger Bottle from ports and tell them you want it sent to your room and pay the corkadge fee of course !

Lonestar -

Everything you've posted about corkage, etc., as well as the above, are incorrect as far as Carnival goes.

I gotta ask you... Why do you keep replying with facts about RCCL? This is the Carnival board, and things are different on Carnival.

So, in order not to confuse someone, and if you don't KNOW how Carnival does things, just quit replying about what RCCL does. Nobody asked about RCCL's way of doing things.:rolleyes:

I can't find anywhere in the gift section where you can order Vodka.. I only can find wine.

How do you order it?

thanks,

Carla

You can't order liquor from the website. You'll have to call the 800 number and ask for Gifts & Services dept.:)

.....Not to throw a complete kink in to everything but if you are sailing on the Holiday due to Alabama laws you won't receive your liquor until the next day when you are out of their waters.

That's interesting. I've never heard that before. I wonder if it's only Alabama that has this law?

But wait.... When my son cruised on the Holiday out of Mobile, I had sent him a bottle of Grey Goose thru Bon Voyage dept., and it was in his cabin when he arrived. He called me right after they got to the cabin and thanked me.

Now I'm confused.:confused:

Archived