sending a bottle to your room

Mamanance

That's interesting. I've never heard that before. I wonder if it's only Alabama that has this law?

But wait.... When my son cruised on the Holiday out of Mobile, I had sent him a bottle of Grey Goose thru Bon Voyage dept., and it was in his cabin when he arrived. He called me right after they got to the cabin and thanked me.

Now I'm confused.:confused:

Could be that only applies to Sunday sailings because of the blue law. Other days could e different. I just know you cannot buy liquor there on Sunday, or that is the way it used to be.

I just completed my 10th cruise on the Miracle and always pack the same way without any problems what so ever:

1 collapsable cooler (Sam's $25) on wheels

1 Liter of vodka (packed openly in cooler)

2 1.5 liters of wine (packed openly in cooler)

2 12 packs of favorite soda (packed openly in cooler)

The above package is checked and delivered fully in tact to my room every single cruise. Heck the cabin steward even ices the cooler down for you. Wine glasses are in your cabin.

You can get it onboard many ways. I get beer on by getting 12 pack soda cartons and refilling them with beer and sealing back (brother in law works for Dr Pepper and gets them for me). Wrap any breakable bottles of wine or liqour in a garbage bag (so wont leak on clothes if it breaks) them pack clothes around them to protect them. I have also heard of people bringing vodka on in water bottles and so forth. I have done this many times and have never had any issues. Last cruise on the Triumph I brought on 2 (12) packs of beer, 1pint crown, 1liter vodka and 1pint tequilla.

Just as an update: we just returned last night from our Carnival cruise and the bottle of Amaretto we had ordered from the Bon Voyage dept was waiting in our cabin for us when we arrived. It was all wrapped up in cellophane with a big bow. Our room steward kept our ice bucket full every day and night and always had clean glasses there too.

There was also a note saying we had a complimentary bottle of wine (this was a group booking perc for our group) that would be waiting for us on our first night at dinner. Since we had booked a room for us and another for our kids, that came out to 2 bottles of wine.

We drank one and they served the other bottle the second night. No extra fees or anything.

Going on the Legend in November. Is there a time frame when to order a bottle of liquor from the Bon Voyage Dept.to be in your room on sail date.? Do you wait til closer to sail date or can you order now???

Dan and Miguel

Hey guys,

I was told from Bon Voyage you can order anytime up till one week prior to sailing. When you order, be sure they give you an order # just in case there is any problem and it doesn't arrive as scheduled, and you need to follow-up with them while on board. Also, they were willing to fax a receipt if desired.

Hey guys,

I was told from Bon Voyage you can order anytime up till one week prior to sailing. When you order, be sure they give you an order # just in case there is any problem and it doesn't arrive as scheduled, and you need to follow-up with them while on board. Also, they were willing to fax a receipt if desired.

TJ172,

Thanks for the reply and the info Tim. Will follow your info when I order. Enjoy your upcoming cruise.!!!!!!!!!!! You dont have many days to wait.

Dan and Miguel

Cotton, I thought it was a bit odd as well. We ordered a bottle of Glenmorangie scotch and Absolute vodka it wasn't in our rooms and we couldn't get it them until we got out of Alabama waters. We also has some issues getting certian imported beers as well on the first day. I tried to order a red stripe and told I couldn't get one due to state regulations. So I ended up getting an Amstel (which in imported as well) and didn't think much about it. Maybe my scotch is what held up our Bon Voyage order. I don't know but I do know that we will be placing the same order when we go on the Valor and will continue until Carnival takes it a way from us.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived