Do the windows on Vision open?

Hi,

Last cruise was on Princess and an inside cabin - okay for my first cruise. This time I want to be able to have fresh air, though. Do any of the windows for the OV categories open? or do I have to pay for a balcony instead? Anyone have pictures of the cabins?

Thanks!

Mary;)

god, so many ppl ask this and im pretty sure that NO WINDOWS OPEN ON ANY CRUISE SHIP!!! Main reason they dont wanna waste air conditioning. even when u have a balcony theres a sign on the door saying to never leave ur door open because they dont wanna waste air conditioning. so i doubt they'd let u open a window...

god, so many ppl ask this and im pretty sure that NO WINDOWS OPEN ON ANY CRUISE SHIP!!! Main reason they dont wanna waste air conditioning. even when u have a balcony theres a sign on the door saying to never leave ur door open because they dont wanna waste air conditioning. so i doubt they'd let u open a window...

If you haven't sailed on a cruise ship very often and never in a OV room, it's a legitimate question. Balcony's open so why not windows? Of course, many people might not realize that waves sometimes get up and over those windows when the sea's are rough.

If you haven't sailed on a cruise ship very often and never in a OV room, it's a legitimate question. Balcony's open so why not windows? Of course, many people might not realize that waves sometimes get up and over those windows when the sea's are rough.

ya but that only depends on whut deck u are on. even if seas are rough i doubt that the waves will get up to like the 5th and 6th floor.but like under the 5 floor the waves can hit the windows...

ya but that only depends on whut deck u are on. even if seas are rough i doubt that the waves will get up to like the 5th and 6th floor.but like under the 5 floor the waves can hit the windows...

Ask the people on the NCL Dawn what deck water went up to when they were hit by the Rogue Wave. If the seas are rough, water can reach up to the bridge level or higher.

Can you imagine in an emergency, trying to close everyone's windows? It's hard enough to get all the waterproof doors closed! No windows on ships open--they are part of the superstructure of the ship. Only doors open!

Archived