Bequia... need help!!!!

jagmanss1

Bequia, Need your expertise.....

Have been following your advise on hotels in Ft. Laud. Since you live there.... We live in Palm Coast Fl. And will be taking A cruise on Sat just after Thanksgiving and driving down on Thanksgiving for A hotel stay.... We don't want your adverage Holiday Inn, But not A Hilton expense either... So We have narrowed it down to 4 .....

La Quinta.... By the airport... Price $135 w/free parking and shuttle to port but no return shuttle to hotel for car pick-up

Hampton Inn... By the airport... price $159... But has A much nicer facility w/ A one time parking fee of $15 for total hotel and cruise stay plus shuttle to and from port to hotel w breakfast... seems to be much nicer

Comfort Suites.... Federal Highway.... Around the same price, But people we cruise with people who know people;) And we maybe able to work out A deal that will allow free park + shuttle round trip or not and seems even nicer......

Doubletree.... Somone in our group is working on this one and may get it with all we want around $ 160 rage, But I understand it is under construction... A bit worried about that, But they hold A high standard so I am told and seems even nicer....

Bequia, What is your take and advise on this.... Thanks in advance....

Hi jagmanss1, I'm partial to the LaQuinta. I like the location, it's proximity to shops and restaurants. It's a safe place to leave your car for a week. I've never stayed in it but many posters on this hotel board speak very highly of it. Pass on the Comfort Suites. The Hampton Inn has its fans I don't care much for the location. The Doubletree is nice but the parking will set you back $11 a day. If the construction isn't finished save it for your next visit. .... ;)

Bequia

Hope you see this.......may have messed up big time.........but live and learn I guess.

Booked in March next year at Holiday Inn Express 1150 W. State Road 84

Mistake??

Even when we booked this (non refundable) it was $177 for one night and has since gone up to $242 for one night..........Spring Break I guess....March 23rd is our date.

Ask the pro next time.........:) You have been helpful.......

Hope this isn't horrible, but need the truth, just to prepare if you know what I mean.

Thanks

Jim

Bequia, Thanks for your reply and feedback on these hotels....But just out of curiosty why pass on the Comfort Suites?

Also would like your input on this scenario....

La Quinta 2 night stay @ $135 per night for 2 nights =$270 + cab back to hotel about $20 Total =$290 would still need to add tax and fees of course

Amerisuites 17th st 2 night stay @ $75 per night through valuetrips for 2 nights = $150 + park car at pier instead of at hotel $12 per day 7 days = $84 total for both $234 plus add tax and fees to hotel...

Question... Is the Amerisuites A better quality hotel property than the La Quinta? This to me at least sounds to be maybe better and closer to the port ....I wouldn't need to be bothered with getting A cab back to the La Quinta to get my car and now would have the conveniance of just getting off the ship get my car and go home, Also the Amerisuites is A suite with fridge,microwave, free full breakfast.....

1 more question... Do you know how the Bahia Mar Beach Resort is? We may all as a group be able to get A deal on this one... In the works and about the same price as the La Quinta....

What is your take on this.... Thanks for any info

Thanks Howard.............kinda what I was expecting........we are meeting some other cruisers at the Renassaince so we will be there in the evening and then taxi back to the HIE..............

Thanks for the link and the info.

Jim

Archived