Cruising Crown Princess 10/18/06

cruisingaround61

I would appreciate any information regarding the excursions the Crown Princess offers when docked in Grand Turk, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Port Canaveral. Are there any great beaches? Excursions are usually pricey and very often you can do some things on your own.

I would appreciate any information regarding the excursions the Crown Princess offers when docked in Grand Turk, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Port Canaveral. Are there any great beaches? Excursions are usually pricey and very often you can do some things on your own.

Hi Cruising!

Like Laura said, join us on our roll call. Here's the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=220962

As for the ports, you might want to check some of the reviews on the Princess board from recent Crown cruisers. Some have included port info. From what I've read so far Governer's Beach in Grand Turk is a nice one and you can take a cab there.

I've been to Grand Cayman, and the 7 mile beach is fantastic. We will probably take a cab to the Beach Colony Club and hang out there for a few hours. If you've never been to Grand Cayman, then you might want to consider an excursion to stingray city. Check out the Grand Cayman board for lots of suggestions on excursions there.

Jamaica, not the friendliest or safest place to try to do excursioins on your own. We'll be doing the ship sponsored dolphin encounter.

From the reviews, some liked the Cape Canaveral excursion, but all complained the time is too short at this port so we may just hang out on the ship.

Hope that helps a bit. Be sure to stop by our roll call!:D

If you've never been to Grand Cayman and don't want to take an excursion, just take a bus or cab to 7 Mile Beach. There is a free public beach area, and the water is wonderful. There are also some nice shops near the port, and it's always fun to wander.

If you've never been to Jamaica, I would urge you to take an excursion to Dunns River Falls and climb the falls. My son and I have done it a few times (my husband, the big chicken, only did it once). You don't need to do an excursion through the ship. Go to the board for Jamaica, you'll see a lot of people use Peat Taylor. We used him back in 1998; his prices were reasonable, he's well respected and reliable. But there are those who have used other tour operators, so be sure to read their reviews to find the right operator for you.

We've never been to Grand Turk before, and look forward to a nice beach day.

As for Port Canaveral, we've been to the Kennedy Space Center, and once is more than enough for me. This will be a "stay on the ship" and relax day.

Please, feel free to join us on our roll call. We have a wonderful group of people all going on the Crown on October 18th. The more the merrier!

Sharon H.

Archived