name change

davehaj

I just called Carnival yesterday about this as we have to change one in our group for our August 20 sailing. Up to 72 hours prior as they have to supply the passenger manifest to homeland security.

maybe that's something new? because when i was on the Inspiration in September of 04, the Carnival rep at the desk when I checked in said I could have changed my companion's name on the booking right then and there...

I just called Carnival yesterday about this as we have to change one in our group for our August 20 sailing. Up to 72 hours prior as they have to supply the passenger manifest to homeland security.

Thank You, This will be the second name change I will have to do. I don't mind for we will be cruising for one whole week. Thanks again for the info. Davehaj.

It is a myth that the manifest must be supplied 72 hours prior to departure. It must be provided 72 hours prior to return to the US.

I never have been able to figure out how this bit of misinformation got started.

Carnival, of course may have any rule that they want, so it is entirely possible that they are requiring 72 hours but it has nothing to do with homeland security.

It is a myth that the manifest must be supplied 72 hours prior to departure. It must be provided 72 hours prior to return to the US.

You have aroused my curiosity. What is your source of information? Can you provide a site that actually explains this? Thx.

You have aroused my curiosity. What is your source of information? Can you provide a site that actually explains this? Thx.

Try the following section in the code fo federal regulations:

33cfr160.212

Notice it doesn't mention departure

Archived