Galapagos...

dymond

Just returned from the 4th official sailing of the Celebrity Xpedition in the Galapagos and must say had the best time ever. The majesty and beauty of the Galapagos is truly a life-changing event that will never be forgotten by myself or my wife.

Celebrity, in its typical fashion, made the trip truly remarkable through meticulous attention to every single detail. The ship itself was wonderful, food was great and service fantastic, particularly from our favourite bartender Fernando!

Take lots of film (we took over 500 digital pictures), lots of T-shirts (2/day), very casual clothes a good hat and sunscreen and a bathing suit that is good fro walking in.

If you are thinking of going...GO.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions...bryce.dymond@sympatico.ca

We are all packed and head to Miami tomorrow for our flight to Quito on Friday. The kids are getting excited now. I booked this cruise just over a week ago, so the anticipation hasn't had time to build. I had checked a while back but it was booked up, at least on Celebrity's computer. Apparently due to a glitch, every hold that was placed stuck, even if the reservation deposit wasn't paid. I just happened to check back and there were about 12 spaces that were there, Celebrity figured out the problem and released the cabins. This looks like a great family adventure. Hopefully we will be able to go diving too. Our cruise docs specifically mention that diving is available as an option (the only one mentioned), but the Celebrity rep wasn't too encouraging. We shall see.

We are booked for March and I was wondering about what is included in the pre-package tour of Quito? What does Celebrity cover and what do you pay for your self?

I am booked for a Med. trip in October and I keep thinking forward to the Galapagos! I cannot wait.

Archived