Laundry on Noordam

acre

Quick question for ESLO.. If you take the $70.00 option, must you fill the bag every time to capacity or just put in a day or two's worth? Thanks :)

Dear Namvet4,

Filled it with whatever was meant to go at that time. Due to the extreme hot weather we had at the ports 10/14-10/25, we put all in and knew it was to be returned in a timely manner.

Best to use the whole bag if possible but it's up your needs.

We (my wife) found that we beat the system with the weather and circumstances. We figured out that we actually saved on 1-2 bags that would have been at the $25 price ($25-50) compared to a set price of $70 for Cruise Long Laundry Rate.

You will set it up at the Front Desk at the beginning of the cruise and then when you are sending in the laundry you will be calling a certain number and telling them it is unlimited laundry service. You will still have to fill out a laundry slip to account for the items that you are submitting it.

Hope this helps you.

Quick question for ESLO.. If you take the $70.00 option, must you fill the bag every time to capacity or just put in a day or two's worth? Thanks :)

Dear Namvet4,

Filled it with whatever was meant to go at that time. Due to the extreme hot weather we had at the ports 10/14-10/25, we put all in and knew it was to be returned in a timely manner.

Best to use the whole bag if possible but it's up your needs.

We (my wife) found that we beat the system with the weather and circumstances. We figured out that we actually saved on 1-2 bags that would have been at the $25 price ($25-50) compared to a set price of $70 for Cruise Long Laundry Rate.

You will set it up at the Front Desk at the beginning of the cruise and then when you are sending in the laundry you will be calling a certain number and telling them it is unlimited laundry service. You will still have to fill out a laundry slip to account for the items that you are submitting it.

Hope this helps you.

I wonder if the price will change. I have read other ships doing the laundry for 12.00 per bag, and it was the same 12.00 per bag on the Noordam in March. At that price we did better going by the bag rather than the unlimited.

Suggest to monitor the boards and see if anything changes after the New Year.

This price seem to come about during the Summer European Assignment and still standing.

Just off the Amsterdam. They had the 12 dollar Bag O Laundry special listed from day 1 . What a pleasure and I really packed less in anticipation of this.

This time it was returned by steward to list every thing individually E.G. 6 golf shirts , 4 pair socks etc.

Vacations are not for doing LAUNDRY!!!!

Stan:cool::cool:

Dear Namvet4,

Best to use the whole bag if possible but it's up your needs....

Hope this helps you.

Thank you Sir... Excellent advice, as always! :)

• 1 month later...

OK This is a sad thing to not have the option of doing my own laundry. I'm off on my first Vista for new years (Noordam).

1) How big is the bag? I'd like to drop several golf shirts, couple dress shirts, socks and undershorts, and maybe a pair of shorts.

2) I wll need to get a dinner jacket shirt washed. I've always sent that out separately and it came back on a haner nicely pressed. Do I still have this option?

We took advantage of the unlimited pressing service on the Veendam a couple of weeks ago. It was wonderful! Considering the amount of time that it spared us from being trapped in the laundry room ironing, it was well worth the $30.

Just be aware that they do not start this service until the morning after the first formal night. However, if you get the bag out first thing, you might get it back late that afternoon, not 48 hours later! We were surprised and delighted to get a knock on our door around 5PM with many freshly pressed items. :D

Also, they have a complimentary shoe shine service. Leave them out early in the morning and they will be back before dinner. :D

OK This is a sad thing to not have the option of doing my own laundry. I'm off on my first Vista for new years (Noordam).

1) How big is the bag? I'd like to drop several golf shirts, couple dress shirts, socks and undershorts, and maybe a pair of shorts.

2) I wll need to get a dinner jacket shirt washed. I've always sent that out separately and it came back on a haner nicely pressed. Do I still have this option?

The bag is the same size as in the rest of the fleet. Your dress shirts will come back on hangers, the rest will be delivered folded neatly. we stuffed quite a bit ihto those bags. Just jam it in really good.

We've never had to call anyone for laundry pickup, just put the bag out on the bed (with the itemized sheet) for the steward to collect. Now the first time we chose the unlimited service it was still itemized on our bill, but a quick check with the front desk on the night before debarkation got it removed immediately. Since then, whenever we're not in a suite, the ship's computers have correctly noted the unlimited pkg and not tried to charge us for each individual piece....

We just returned from the Noordam,we opted for the unlimited laundry, the only problem I had was my room steward forgetting to replace the laundry bag...but the laundry came back folded and pressed, usually the next afternoon after we left it in the evening. The clothes were nicer than when I packed them! It was the BEST money I spent on the cruise~the gift of very little laundry to do when I got home! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Archived