Speaking of Aft Cabins.....

Does anyone have any pictures looking down from the balconies of aft cabins? I've seen pictures that look out which shows the size of the balconies, but i'm concerned about all the metal that surrounds the balcony....almost like it might take away from the ocean scenery..... I like the idea of looking over the balcony down to the water below and it doesn't appear that on the aft balcony I could do this... Also, the way the back of the ship is sloped...can the people on the balconies above see down into your balcony??

I was on the Serenade, aft balcony cabin just below Windjammers on an Alaska cruise this summer. Windjammer patrons can look down on aft balconies but not very far at all. You have to essentially be at the railing before they can see you. No worries about ocean views from the aft balconies, they are superb. Although, it is a little difficult to get good views while sitting. The railings are a little too high (safety reasons) for comfortable ocean viewing while sitting, you have to stand at the railing. But that is pretty much true everywhere on the ship.

Does anyone have any pictures looking down from the balconies of aft cabins? I've seen pictures that look out which shows the size of the balconies, but i'm concerned about all the metal that surrounds the balcony....almost like it might take away from the ocean scenery..... I like the idea of looking over the balcony down to the water below and it doesn't appear that on the aft balcony I could do this... Also, the way the back of the ship is sloped...can the people on the balconies above see down into your balcony??

I thought that it would bother me but it didn't. You can take a look at my Navigator photos and get an idea. I was on deck ten and you cannot look straight down at the water in most of the aft cabins but straight out. Deck ten is safe from folks looking down on you but I could look down and see the balconies on decks eight and nine. Very little privacy at all.

We had a middle aft cabin on Splendour of the Seas, and we could NOT look down onto the water. If I sail this ship again, I will not get an aft cabin. I enjoy looking down into the water and looking for sealife, watching the waves, etc. It was a larger balcony, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Archived