my first time--questions

pregunta

Hello,

It's my first time on a cruise, we are going aboard the Sensation. I was wondering if it's better to have two carryons or just one checked (bigger) bag? Any advice on which would be better?

Also anything about the Sensation (things I should be aware of) or other notes that might help me would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

It's my first time on a cruise, we are going aboard the Sensation. I was wondering if it's better to have two carryons or just one checked (bigger) bag? Any advice on which would be better?

Also anything about the Sensation (things I should be aware of) or other notes that might help me would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Baggage: Not sure if you know or not, but the checked baggage does not show up to your cabin until hours after the ship leaves port, sometimes it can come fast, sometimes it can come slow. We always pack our carry on with a few changes of clothes and necessary items, like hygine products. This way we have what we need until the rest of the baggage arrives. So as far as checking or carrying on one or two, consider your needs to determine the number of bags.

If you search this forum with keyword "sensation" you will find ton's of useful info. Happy reading, enjoy your cruise, and welcome to Cruise Critics!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Checked luggage sometimes does not arrive at your cabin until later in the evening of departure day. I would go with two bags rather than one, since I do not like the possibility of waiting that long for all of my things to arrive.

However, I would check one bag and carry the other, so I would have just one bag to lug around until I boarded the ship and was able to stow it in my cabin. My carry-on would have important docs, meds, a change of clothes, and a bathing suit (in case I want to swim before checked luggage arrives.)

Since your upcoming cruise will be your first, I feel the need to warn you: Cruising is addicting! :D

You will find these boards quite useful as you plan your cruise. Any other questions, fire away! :)

wow thanks for the fast responses! We are leaving on Sunday aug 20th! I understand it's very addicting, as I have many friends who are on their 3 or 4th trip already. I'm a slow one!

I searched "sensation" and did some reading already, great advice found.

we haven't booked any on shore excursions...are there any that I "shouldn't miss out on?" we are going to nassau and freeport. Or perhaps just walk around and hang out at the beach?

we haven't booked any on shore excursions...are there any that I "shouldn't miss out on?" we are going to nassau and freeport. Or perhaps just walk around and hang out at the beach?

Check this site for info on excursions under the ports of call section. One piece of advice, it's cheaper to book your own, rather than using Carnival to book for you.

This is your first cruise and you are thinking of only one bag? Terrific! You already know how to pack light!

Well I am not done packing yet...

I have a REALLY big one...or I could take two carryons...So I was going to do the two carry ons.

I'm trying to live lightly but we'll see how that works.

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a short cruise?? On a 7 day cruise we take 2 checked luggage and 2 carry ons, One of the carry ons has all of the docs, paperwork and toiletries, the other has a change of clothing.

Fred

• 3 weeks later...
When are you cruising? I am looking for more CC'ers on our first cruise for 9/24 :D :D

I WILL ALSO BE ON THE SENSATION ON 9/24. I AM TRAVELING WITH MY MOM AND MY HUSBAND IT WILL BE OUR FIRST CRUISE. I CAN'T WAIT. I AM SOOOO EXCITED. :)

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Since its your first time, you are probably going to over pack, bring the Big Luggage and check it in.

Fred

Archived