Price drop ?

Kudos2Fly

Do cruise lines ever drop prices as the cruise date comes closer?

Kim

Yes they do. On the other hand I have seen the prices go UP as the cruise got closer also, so I see the price I'm happy to pay and go for it. I'm not too good in the fortune teller department, I was just watching a cruise that went up by $100pp..I waited too long to book that one in hopes it would go down

Basically it comes down to how popular a cruise is.

If the cruise line has been successful in selling lots of cabins on a particular cruise they may raise prices as the cruise gets closer, especially on more popular cabins.

On the other hand if a cruise is selling slowly, the cruise may initially lower prices some and then even more as the cruise gets closer. They may upgrade the early bookers to a better class of cabins often from inside to outside, outside to balcony, etc because it is easier to market the cheaper cabins at a much lower price than the higher price cabins.

You can track this either on the cruise line's web site or on one of the many online TA sites. I use ***** because they have a good search feature and we have gotten several cruises through them.

Have a great next cruise.

Thanks for the information.

I was trying to decide weather or not I would be upgrade for free. Although I would be willing to pay a little to upgrade.

We just booked for an Oct. 9 sailing. We book a ocean view gty. Royal Caribebean has already picked the room on Deck 2. It wasn't what I was hoping for. But we will still have a good time...

So hopefully the prices will come down...

Archived