Luggage storgae under beds on the Spirit?

mikeythemars

Question for any Spirit veretans - I've read that because it was originally designed for the Asian market, the beds on the Spirt are "smaller and lower than normal."

That has me a little concerned about where I'm going to store our bags on our upcoming February '07 cruise. Can you fit bags under the beds, and if so, what is the approximate height of the space available under the bed? I'd love to shove our Atlantic pullman there, but it's about 11 to 12 inches in depth, and I don't know if it will fit.

Any insight appreciated!!!!:)

.............. Can you fit bags under the beds, and if so, what is the approximate height of the space available under the bed? I'd love to shove our Atlantic pullman there, but it's about 11 to 12 inches in depth, and I don't know if it will fit.

Any insight appreciated!!!!:)

We had the same concern prior to boarding. We took the 2 largest size suitcase from our 3 piece set and they fit under the bed just fine, even after we put one inside the other.

Also, it might be necessary to lift the frame of the bed to slide your suitcase under it. OR, you might leave your luggage open flat and then slide it under the frame. That's where I store my dirty clothes for the week.

We travel with very large rolling duffle bags and they fit right under the bed.

Depending on the cabin you have picked, you might have a roll-away bed under one of the beds. Saw this in 2 of the cat JJ inside cabins in my group. Obviously, then there is no room for the suitcases under the bed.

Liked the idea of leaving the suitcases open under the bed. Will have to try that next time.

My rolling duffles fit under the bed, but had to be squished down to fit. My husband's large (but not huge) standard suitcase did not. We did not try it lid open, but just stood it in the closet, where one fit well but not enough room for 2 in there. It seemed like there were a lot of legs/feet under the bed & you had to manuever the cases a bit to get them under the bed. We were on deck 10, in a balcony room.

Archived