The Upgrade Fairy is One Sweet Chick!!!

All,

The family (the wife, 4-year old son, 2-year old daughter) and I are doing the 5 night Bermuda trip on the Grandeur in September. I booked this last July (2005) and reserved a Junior Suite (#8088). We were excited, since this cabin is on the back and has a larger balcony. We are Platinum members.

I get an email today from RCCL and the cabin listed is #8584 - ONE OF THE TWO AFT ROYAL FAMILY SUITES!!!!!!!!!! Man, this is awesome and we are so excited to have the suite + the huge balcony.

I've never received an upgrade before and this is unbelievable.

Does anyone have any pictures of this cabin?

I've never received an upgrade before and this is unbelievable.

Does anyone have any pictures of this cabin?

If you go to http://www.Travelocity.com, and look for cruises, you can find deck plans for each ship, and there should be photos of each room and suite. That's a start.

Congrats on the upgrade! Awesome:D

Fran in Toronto

Congrats on your upgrade!!! We just had a wonderful visit from her too...we are sailing on Empress tomorrow and went from a JS to an OS! There are no GS cabin on this ship so it is only a one level increase but we are very, very happy!

Congrats on the upgrade. Amazing!

Say, did you know any of the Cheek family that grew up in Street, MD? I think they are all gone now. Howard C. is my BIL.

LL

Sorry, I am a transplant to the area from Frederick. My wife is a native Harford Countian but doesn't know anyone from Street named Cheek. I know a Mike Cheek who lives in Bel Air, but he's not originally from this area either.

• 2 weeks later...

We got a visit yesterday, and took what we hope will be an upgrade from an aft D1 to a guaranteed deluxe (no worse than JS) for no extra cost. Gamble for us:cool: , since our balcony was large and the room already huge. But, the extra C&A point and a nicer bathroom will be the worst we do. Hoping for something really nice once assigned. Anybody else ever taken them up on this promotional move?

Archived