Pls help Marseill,Cassis or Les Bauxde Provence tour

Hi Everyone,

We leave in two weeks on Splendour of the Seas. The only tour we are purchasing on the ship will be Marseill, France. We heard it was to hard getting around on your own. They offer three, Marseill city tour, Cassis fishing village tour and Les Bauxde Provence tour. Which would be best for a 16 year old? They are all around 4 hours each which would be perfect. Thanks for your help.

Fran

fran

I vote for Les Beaux. It is a charming hill town. There are marvelous stores and restaurants in the lower village. If your 16-year-old is female, she will be very busy shopping! The upper village has ruins and a magnificent view of the countryside. It is a great way to spend the day!

Marseilles is a big city. In Cassis, there's not much to do except to take the boat ride to see the calanques (rocky coves). I vote for Les Beaux!

Ilene

Trying to satisfy a 16 year old can be a challenge (I guess letting them drink wine might help), but I agree with the other posts about going to Les Baux. Another possibility which might be more fun for your teen is to take the train from Marseille to one of the nice Provencial towns such as Aix en Provence. Its even possible to take a train to both Aix and Arles on the same day (I say this without checking the current timetables) which are both interesting cities. Southern France offers so many options its hard to choose.

Hank

Archived