Avoid the Constellation on board health clinic if you can!

ptsong

I got "tourista" in Acapulco a couple of years ago...my daughter worked on the ship at the time and she sent me to the "crew doctor"...there were 2 different doctors on the ship...passenger's doctor and then one that the crew went to. Anyway, the ship had a British registry and I was given medication that isn't FDA approved but lawful in Europe. I was totally "cured" in 24 hours...wish I could get that stuff here in the States! :eek: I didn't have to pay but I do know the charges can be rather expensive...maybe not $1500. :(

another example of "brow beating" at work..... :rolleyes: if you dont agree/like/believe what the OP says..... you DONT have to go out of your way to,,,,, BELITTLE, CRITICIZE, or MAKE FUN OF, the poor guy..:mad:

Merrily, God how awful for you. I'm betting the Valium is not the smartest thing you have done in your lifetime. :D

I had a full order of the escargot on the ship and got really really sick but only my stomach. Lasted for two full days. Didn't even think of the escargot. A few years later I had half an order and within the hour was over the toilet. Since the first time didn't register, I still didn't think of it. Sometime later I had just one and got slightly nautious and the bell went off. Logically I should be allergic to shellfish but I'm not allergic to anything in the whole world except the escargot and I can live alot easier without that than caviar. :D

I was curious about the pacemaker stuff, so I checked out the website for guidant, one maker of such units http://www.guidant.com/patient/living/ - amongst other things, they specify a magnetic field of about 10 gauss is required to interfere with one - that's pretty freaking hefty for the room adjacent to a power transfer station or what have you. (I'm a ChemE, not a practitioner of the black arts, so I'll leave it there)

Just FYI. Fwiw, I find the story pretty implausible myself, I was just curious about the whole pacemakers and electronics thing.

Cheers, STJ

another example of "brow beating" at work..... :rolleyes: if you dont agree/like/believe what the OP says..... you DONT have to go out of your way to,,,,, BELITTLE, CRITICIZE, or MAKE FUN OF, the poor guy..:mad:

Hey Nini, if we eliminated all of that this board would be no fun at all. Picking people apart we don't agree with is a great American tradition. A poster should have the courage of his or her Postings, don't you think? Poster beware!

Merrily, God how awful for you. I'm betting the Valium is not the smartest thing you have done in your lifetime. :D

I had a full order of the escargot on the ship and got really really sick but only my stomach. Lasted for two full days. Didn't even think of the escargot. A few years later I had half an order and within the hour was over the toilet. Since the first time didn't register, I still didn't think of it. Sometime later I had just one and got slightly nautious and the bell went off. Logically I should be allergic to shellfish but I'm not allergic to anything in the whole world except the escargot and I can live alot easier without that than caviar. :D

Yeah, Brigitte, you're right. The Valium decision was one of the DUMBEST! LOL! I eat (ate) caviar often throughout the year... not every day, mind you, but enough to miss is now that I can't have it. When I got my Epi, I thought, "OK, I have this thing.. so I'll try some caviar and if I have a reaction, i can use this and it'll go away." But have you ever read the instructions on an Epi-pen? Good Lord, you have to jam the damn thing into your thigh. Still, being the diehard that I am, I'm still tempted to try my beloved caviar again! I know the temptation will be great on the last night of my upcoming Zenith cruise, when I contemplate the pending demise of one of my favorite cruise traditions!

~~~MEG~~~

"I wanna leave NOW"

Three-time Century cruiser

Western Caribbean: 2000/2004

Eastern Caribbean: 2001

ZENITH TO BERMUDA: 5/14/05

Archived