Reef Club ??

Txviv

Does anyone know how far it is to the reef club..and should we book the excursion thru carnival or wait till we get to the peir? Anyone been there? Someone said Carnivals was 79 pp but you could get this trip on the pier does anyone know if thats transportation and if not are the taxis ready available. Don't want to get left behind.

Hola Txviv,

We were there last Feb. You can book with Autoprogreso (the shuttle service that takes you from the ship to town). If memory serves, it was $30 pp for 3 or 4 hours and includes a trip to the Xcambo Ruins if you choose. Gorgeous pool, open bar, good food and a nice beach. It is worth every penny. Even my wife liked it.:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Is this the place where you pass a Flamingo viewing area on the right and when you get there, there is an abandoned hotel next door to the left? We went to a resort last year but I do not recall the name. If it is, we asked a local to hook us up. He got us a van and driver and we paid 10.00/pp at the resort. Since it was the off season (October 2005) we had the run of the place. Huge pool, free drinks and pretty good food.

• 3 weeks later...
Hola Txviv,

We were there last Feb. You can book with Autoprogreso (the shuttle service that takes you from the ship to town). If memory serves, it was $30 pp for 3 or 4 hours and includes a trip to the Xcambo Ruins if you choose. Gorgeous pool, open bar, good food and a nice beach. It is worth every penny. Even my wife liked it.:rolleyes:

I just got back from my cruise yesterday and went to this beach club. Definitely wait to book this until you get there. It's easy to book with Autoprogreso as soon as you get off the shuttle. The cost is $30 for adults, very young kids are free and older kids are half price. The price included the transportation to the resort, an optional trip to the ruins, an open bar and transportation back to the ship.

The pools were great and they had a fenced off area for kids with their own pool. It was great! We met people there who had purchased their trip through Carnival. They paid $75 each, including children, and left earlier than we did. They did have their food included, but the buffet was only $15 each for us. The food wasn't very good when we were there, so we opted to wait to eat until we got back to the ship. The drinks were great and everything was very clean. They told us that towels were included, but we had brought our own so I didn't have to deal with that.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got back from my cruise yesterday and went to this beach club. Definitely wait to book this until you get there. It's easy to book with Autoprogreso as soon as you get off the shuttle. The cost is $30 for adults, very young kids are free and older kids are half price. The price included the transportation to the resort, an optional trip to the ruins, an open bar and transportation back to the ship.

The pools were great and they had a fenced off area for kids with their own pool. It was great! We met people there who had purchased their trip through Carnival. They paid $75 each, including children, and left earlier than we did. They did have their food included, but the buffet was only $15 each for us. The food wasn't very good when we were there, so we opted to wait to eat until we got back to the ship. The drinks were great and everything was very clean. They told us that towels were included, but we had brought our own so I didn't have to deal with that.

dogbite22,

What kind of food did they serve and I thought the $30.00 pp included the food and drinks? What kind of drinks (non alcoholic or alcoholic? ) are included too for this price?

What ruins would they take you too?

:)Thanks!:)

• 1 month later...
dogbite22,

What kind of food did they serve and I thought the $30.00 pp included the food and drinks? What kind of drinks (non alcoholic or alcoholic? ) are included too for this price?

I'd also love to have a little clarification on this! I mean we can drink our $30 worth easy enough but I thought food was included as well

dogbite22,

I'd also love to have a little clarification on this! I mean we can drink our $30 worth easy enough but I thought food was included as well

dogbite22,

Hola People,

SORRY! We sailed a different itinerary, so I didn't check this thread in awhile.

I don't know if the food was included in the $30 trip. We didn't eat while we were there but the pina coladas were a hit.:D The also served non alcoholic drinks. The ruins that are nearby are the Xcambo Ruins. They are small but are in pretty good shape, as ruins go. The tour is pretty short so you have plenty of time at the resort. You can also visit the flamingo sanctuary. We didn't do it on our last trip, but I will if we go back to Progeso.

Take lots of film or a large memory card. There are plenty of photo ops.

• 1 year later...

I really appreciate all of the postings about waiting to book the Beach Break because we were gonna pay the $75 per person now. Instead we can save that extra money for something else. I do however have a possibly silly question... Are you allowed to swim in the ocean off the beach at the resort? It doesn't actually ever advertise swimming in the ocean. It always just says walk along the ocean or swim in the beautiful pools. I didn't know if they had regulations against that or not. If not we were wanting to bring our snorkel equipment with us but we won't if we can't get in the ocean. Anyone know anything about this?

I really appreciate all of the postings about waiting to book the Beach Break because we were gonna pay the $75 per person now. Instead we can save that extra money for something else. I do however have a possibly silly question... Are you allowed to swim in the ocean off the beach at the resort? It doesn't actually ever advertise swimming in the ocean. It always just says walk along the ocean or swim in the beautiful pools. I didn't know if they had regulations against that or not. If not we were wanting to bring our snorkel equipment with us but we won't if we can't get in the ocean. Anyone know anything about this?

The water here is not the clear blue stuff that you will see in the Carribean. Here the water is a jade green and not very clear. There is also alot of seaweed and every trip has had plenty of wind. You could swim here but you won't see much snorkeling. This is a port for loafing, visiting ruins, beachcombing, sightseeing, and my favorite, EATING. I absolutely love to eat in these neat little out-of-the-way places. God put me on this Earth to search for the perfect fajita. The quest goes on.

The Autoprogreso Beach Break tour does include all your alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and food. They have a Yucatecan buffet with snacks, fajitas, hamburgers, and hotdogs. You can certainly swim in the Gulf - the water is shallow for quite a ways out and there are no strong currents.

• 4 years later...

We just went there on Carnival Triumph this last Monday.

I, as well as 2 others in our party of 6 have been ill since visiting this place. The liquor is extremely watered down! and the food is OK, but something there has given us all diarrhea since the next morning. It is not worth it.

Archived