Princess Transfer - FLL

ca2ga2000

What does the Princess transfer service look like? We are scheduled to take it to the ship this Saturday out of FLL. (I know many of you have said just take a taxi, but at this point, it's booked, and we're not stretched for time, so...)

Does someone meet us at baggage claim? Do they have a sign? Or is there just a Princess bus outside at ground transportation? Is there someone to assist with our luggage?

Any info would be great! THANKS!

It's a bus. There will be folks in the terminal with signs to point you in the right direction.

If you're really pressed for time, taxis are faster. They don't have to wait to fill up, and you can jump right out and on the ship and not have to wait in line.

Even if you can't cancel the Princess transfer, the cab is $10, I think it's worth the extra $10 to cab it.

when you get off the plane, there will be people waiting on the side with signs for your ship. They will tell you where the bus is. You collect your own luggage and take it to the bus yourself. The driver will load it on the bus. Then you wait for all passengers to get on the bus. When you get to the pier, you wait while the bus driver removes all the luggage. Then you take your luggage across the street to the luggage area, unless a porter is near the bus. The perters thake the luggage, and you get in line. Cab will be waiting outside the airport, take you to the pier and drop you off right at the luggage area. Porter takes it, and you are in line. cab is much faster. :)

Hello,

Perhaps it's a matter of luck, but last Fall, the Princess folks pulled our luggage and took it, and us, out to the buses. We did wait a bit, but not long, and were taken to the ship promptly. I agree, however, that cabs are faster, but if you can't change, or don't want to change, you will not have any trouble finding the Princess folks, who will, as said above, direct you to the transportation. On the return, however, we waited FOREVER for the Princess transport to leave the port, waiting for it to fill, and then, the driver dumped us all at one place, not near our gate, but kind of in between many different airline gates. It was a real pain, and next time we will again take a cab. :)

You can expect the Princess Rep to be in uniform and have a sign at the baggage claim area. My experience with several Princess transfers is that while you had to claim your luggage from the belt, the Rep had a porter available who then took the luggage and put it on the bus for you -- you didn't have to schlep it through the airport.

Yes, you sometimes have to wait for the bus to fill but I've really never had a bad experience with Princess transfers and I've used it many times.

If you decide to take a cab, take your vouchers for the Princess transfer to the purser or shore excursion office and you will get a credit for them. You'll be money ahead and won't wait -- plus you won't be getting off with a busload of people fighting for someone to take your luggage and making the lines even longer.

Archived