Mariner Cruise with family... suggestions please

I need some advise.... We're in the planning stage of a cruise on the Mariner next August. The cruise will be for my dad's birthday and my DH, my sister, her friend, and mom & dad will be there. I need some suggestions for how to go about setting up rooms... now here is where I am getting confused. Both my parents are over 55 - so if available they would qualify for the Senior Discount, and DH and I are platinum, so we would be able to use the balcony / suite discount.

If we have my mom & me in one room and my DH and my dad in the other, how does this work... is it a problem to switch rooms when we get onboard, or would we have to use the second key route? The third room would be my sister and her friend, no issues with that room.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Don't know how the key thing would work, but I was wondering one thing. Why would you want to seperate the guys and gals? I don't know about your DH, but I'd much rather sleep with my wife than my father-in-law. Not being critical here, just curious.

Don't know how the key thing would work, but I was wondering one thing. Why would you want to seperate the guys and gals? I don't know about your DH, but I'd much rather sleep with my wife than my father-in-law. Not being critical here, just curious.

Cruiseman,

I would be sleeping with my DH and mom and dad would be sleeping together. I am trying to figure out for booking purposes so that we can use the various discounts in two rooms instead of one.

Jenn

Archived