Question for TAs

AlohaPride

For some reason I posted, but it didn't register that with the time. On the board it still says HammyBee posted last. This has been happening with me a lot recently. hmm...oh well. Hopefully this will let everyone know I responded :o

To tell you the truth, Mary, very few of us look forward to confrontation. :eek: And as we get older we look forward to it less and less. ;) But sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. There are times when we just have to stick out our chins and stand up for ourselves. It's called being assertive.

This is one area where practice does make perfect. Or better, at least. :rolleyes:

To tell you the truth, Mary, very few of us look forward to confrontation. :eek: And as we get older we look forward to it less and less. ;) But sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. There are times when we just have to stick out our chins and stand up for ourselves. It's called being assertive.

This is one area where practice does make perfect. Or better, at least. :rolleyes:

Mary,

From my experience, it gets easier to confront people, the older one gets because there are tread marks on your back. At your age, I probably would have burst into tears and then some, if I had to go toe to toe. The only way to be effective in this kind of situation, is to not be emotional about it. You have to lose the emotion, easier said than done.I did it by pretending that I was advocating someone else, instead of myself. Sad that this made it easier, but it worked for me.

Thank you, Ruth and HammyBee, I know it needs to be done. I guess it's like getting a shot - you don't want to, but you know its for the best. :) I will put it in the mail box tonight. Hopefully it will be handled by the company with dignity, honesty, and grace and it wont come to a confrontation.

Archived