Seattle - Train - Taxi - Hotel

nfused2cruze

After looking at these threads I have made the decision to take the Amtrak from Vancouver into Seattle to catch a flight back to PHX.

After arriving in Seattle at 10pm what would be some good suggestions?

Where to stay?

Close to train station or close to airport?

How to get there, etc.?

Thanks for your help - planning for 2007.

Depending on when your flight is in the AM, you could have a lot more traffic between Seattle and the airport than late at night. I would plan to take a cab from the train station to an airport hotel. There are many nice ones in the area, and most provide a shuttle to the airport.

You may want to consider the Quick Shuttle it will take you to Seatac. Book a hotel near the airport and once you arrive at the airport catch the hotel shuttle. If you have an early AM flight, especially on Monday the airport is very busy. If you do Amtrak, you will still need to catch a taxi to the airport and that is an additional $30.

With a rental car you will have to pay a drop off fee.

No matter how you come across the border from Canada to the US be aware you will either need a passport or your drivers license and birth certificate. The border lines can be long depending on the day and time of day.

love2cruiseseattle,

Thank you for that suggestion.

The options are good. Won't make final decision yet but the determining factor will be extra day(s) in Vancouver and/or Seattle.

I've got the feeling that I should not race to get home once I get off of the ship but to enjoy the either city or both as well.

That is a great idea, spend a day or two in Vancouver and then the same in Seattle, there is plenty of sites to see, they are both beautiful cities.

Check out some of the other threads on what you can do in both cities.

Let me know if you need any additional information - I have lived in the Seattle area my whole life.

If you have an early morning flight then stay at a hotel at the airport. Take a taxi from the train station to SeaTac. Evening is not a great time of day to be around the train station. If you have a flight that is later in the afternoon then stay in downtown Seattle and enjoy the Pike Street Market, then take a taxi to SeaTac. The south bound traffic to SeaTac doesn't become a problem until the afternoon. In the morning it's an easy 15 - 20 minutes from downtown Seattle to SeaTac.

Archived